Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

17 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I think alcohol is listed as essential lol.

I don't even drink and even I have needed a couple drinks this pandemic.

Does needing alcohol require you to cross county lines and drive several hours to boutique liquor distributors? Doesn't seem to be within the spirit of Hogan's stay-at-home order designed to keep us all safe from the deadly, horrible virus.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Does needing alcohol require you to cross county lines and drive several hours to boutique liquor distributors? Doesn't seem to be within the spirit of Hogan's stay-at-home order designed to keep us all safe from the deadly, horrible virus.

I don't know about others but the meadery I go to is about 7 minutes from my house.

3 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ah if you can pass that recipe along. I am 1/8 Greek and have been taking time to get into that part of the family that we did not grow up with. My grandmothers father was from Crete but her mom and dad divorced, yes scandalous in the 1910's and we really do not know anything about that side of the family. I am trying to do it through food. 

my mom's side of the family came from Lebanon, so if there are more greek-style recipes you'd like, she probably has them. let me know and ill send her a message :) 

our Easter every year (well not this year) is full on greek; spanikopita, dolmades, kibbeh, tabooleh, hummus and olives until you cant stuff your face anymore. and lamb. oh the lamb my mother makes. 

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Phin's trolling has gotten really boring. Sad, really.

ignoring him is the best option to take. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I know you are perhaps being sarcastic but What’s The difference if I’m in my car and not around people? We went to a couple parks, basically the only ones there and then picked up our beer. It was a nice little day. Not as bad as standing outside the door at jimmys seafood which is a mile from my house with 50 other people on Mother’s Day with no social distancing going on lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I know you are perhaps being sarcastic but What’s The difference if I’m in my car and not around people? We went to a couple parks, basically the only ones there and then picked up our beer. It was a nice little day. Not as bad as standing outside the door at jimmys seafood which is a mile from my house with 50 other people on Mother’s Day with no social distancing going on lol

Technically speaking, what you and the guy who went out to western MD did was in violation of Hogan's order.

“This is a deadly public health crisis—we are no longer asking or suggesting that Marylanders stay home, we are directing them to do so,” said Governor Hogan. “No Maryland resident should be leaving their home unless it is for an essential job or for an essential reason such as obtaining food or medicine, seeking urgent medical attention, or for other necessary purposes.”

I don't see how making a beer run qualifies as an essential reason, and clearly the spirit of the order is for local trips to places close by your house, not jaunts across the state.

But yeah, the stay at home order isn't so onerous when you just ignore it...

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Technically speaking, what you and the guy who went out to western MD did was in violation of Hogan's order.

I don't see how making a beer run qualifies as an essential reason, and clearly the spirit of the order is for local trips to places close by your house, not jaunts across the state.

But yeah, the stay at home order isn't so onerous when you just ignore it...

I’ll use my own judgement but thanks. 

Don’t celebrate too much... each county will be opening as they see fit based on cases and local concerns. More rural areas will open up much sooner than those closer to 95 and the cities. 

as subforum mommy, please all be safe when you do venture out. And just because you can go out, doesn’t mean you should. Stay well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Don’t celebrate too much... each county will be opening as they see fit based on cases and local concerns. More rural areas will open up much sooner than those closer to 95 and the cities. 

as subforum mommy, please all be safe when you do venture out. And just because you can go out, doesn’t mean you should. Stay well.

Yeah Elrich’ statement makes me think the daycares in MoCo aren’t even close to reopening.

What retail is opening at 5pm friday just to close at 8 or 9? Make it clean and start at the beginning of saturday. 

Also, it's kind of ass backwards to reopen without daycare reopened. I suspect lots of retail staff will be forced to not show up.

9 hours ago, snowfan said:

What retail is opening at 5pm friday just to close at 8 or 9? Make it clean and start at the beginning of saturday. 

Also, it's kind of ass backwards to reopen without daycare reopened. I suspect lots of retail staff will be forced to not show up.

there will be guidelines for daycares next week. but i agree, it will be hard for to juggle going back to work without child care. 

also, with counties ultimately deciding what course is best, i think Hogan was being pressured to make a move, but then passed the buck to the counties, leaving him off the hook for any anger moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

there will be guidelines for daycares next week. but i agree, it will be hard for to juggle going back to work without child care. 

also, with counties ultimately deciding what course is best, i think Hogan was being pressured to make a move, but then passed the buck to the counties, leaving him off the hook for any anger moving forward. 

Also, there’s a pretty big difference between what’s happening along the 95 corridor and far western and eastern shore counties. Hopefully people continue to social distance and not crowd the usual summer destinations. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Also, there’s a pretty big difference between what’s happening along the 95 corridor and far western and eastern shore counties. Hopefully people continue to social distance and not crowd the usual summer destinations. 

Yeah y'all on the mainland stay put. Don't be rushing over here bringing your diseases.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ah if you can pass that recipe along. I am 1/8 Greek and have been taking time to get into that part of the family that we did not grow up with. My grandmothers father was from Crete but her mom and dad divorced, yes scandalous in the 1910's and we really do not know anything about that side of the family. I am trying to do it through food. 

Not quite traditional spanakopita, but here's a good variation that's a hit in our house:  https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/11/one-pot-chicken-spanakopita-skillet-pie-recipe.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

agreed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic