Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

4 hours ago, jaydreb said:

Anybody have any suggestions for places within an hour of DC to walk/hike that aren’t overrun?  

Seneca Creek Greenway trail here in Germantown. Almost entirely empty but don’t expect a vista, it’s a nice long nature trail.

Weverton Cliffs up near Harpers Ferry. MD side. The reason it’s empty is because most people, if they go all the way to Harpers Ferry, will do the two big popular hikes there, leaving this trail an undiscovered goldmine with 10x less people.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

You guys are living the American dream man!! 

But where's your beer ? :drunk:

I'm currently sitting by the firepit drinking a double India pale ale baby!

Cheers!!

C'mon, must be holding a beer off camera! Bet @nw baltimore wx has a hidden selfie cam right there on the bottle...click and drink! :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah that’s probably a nice comparison. It does have a little sour taste to go along. It’s deff worth a try 

I love the JREAM series.  We now brew a series/style based upon that series from Burley Oak.  I had a few versions on our trip to OC last summer and decided immediately that we have to have that style.  Tart but balanced by the sweetness of fruit.  Ours is called Smoot Eez.  Right now we have a Blackberry/Cranberry version and a Blueberry Strawberry version on tap.  Brewing a Pink Guava/Passionfruit one next week in anticipation of warmer weather finally arriving.  This style has a huge following and are enjoyed by many who don't enjoy "beer" flavor.  I'm surprised how many hop heads have also adopted this as a go to beer, especially when they are trying to hit something with a low abv.  

Your carrot cake one looks great. They know what they are doing over there.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I love the JREAM series.  We now brew a series/style based upon that series from Burley Oak.  I had a few versions on our trip to OC last summer and decided immediately that we have to have that style.  Tart but balanced by the sweetness of fruit.  Ours is called Smoot Eez.  Right now we have a Blackberry/Cranberry version and a Blueberry Strawberry version on tap.  Brewing a Pink Guava/Passionfruit one next week in anticipation of warmer weather finally arriving.  This style has a huge following and are enjoyed by many who don't enjoy "beer" flavor.  I'm surprised how many hop heads have also adopted this as a go to beer, especially when they are trying to hit something with a low abv.  

Your carrot cake one looks great. They know what they are doing over there.  Enjoy!

Cool. If I ever come out your way I’ll check it out. Yeah I like Burley Oak and RaR in Cambridge has their out of order series which is very good. Have to pick up what I just ordered which included PB&J, candy apple, dirty banana and white chocolate strawberry mouse 

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I’ve got two more videos to make for class tomorrow and then I’m out to the patio to have a couple of beers from yesterday. Thanks, again. We really enjoyed ourselves.

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ve got two more videos to make for class tomorrow and then I’m out to the patio to have a couple of beers from yesterday. Thanks, again. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I had a good time too, hope you make it back again soon.

I forgot to get you a Big Barrel Pants can and ran down the street to try to catch you as you were leaving Siriannis.  Just missed you, but got some good exercise out of it lol.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I forgot to get you a Big Barrel Pants can and ran down the street to try to catch you as you were leaving Siriannis.  Just missed you, but got some good exercise out of it lol.

Big barrel pants? Is that a stout or barley wine? Sounds like I need one of those 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

:lol: 

Damn.  I'm really sorry we didn't see you, but man, Siriannis' pizza is good!  Just had a couple of slices for dinner and now getting into the Porter.

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Cool. If I ever come out your way I’ll check it out. Yeah I like Burley Oak and RaR in Cambridge has their out of order series which is very good. Have to pick up what I just ordered which included PB&J, candy apple, dirty banana and white chocolate strawberry mouse 

Burley Oak is great. Not tried their sours though, as I am not a big fan in general. I need to give that genre more of a try I guess. Maybe the sour/sweet balance would be more palatable to me.

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Burley Oak is great. Not tried their sours though, as I am not a big fan in general. I need to give that genre more of a try I guess. Maybe the sour/sweet balance would be more palatable to me.

Yeah I’ve only been to burley oak once unfortunately and it was in the middle of the day during the week but was still a nice experience. I’d like to go again. Never been to RaR but I have to pick up my beer order this week so I’ll at least get to see it 

Here's the trail I've been doing if any of you need a good one with very few people and need to get out of the house:

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/maryland/seneca-creek-greenway-trail-watkins-mill-road-to-frederick-road?u=i

Note: there are many more sections of the Seneca Creek Greenway Trail and you can hop on or off any of them. This section is one of the more traveled ones but even here you might only see 3-4 people on the course of your hike.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Big barrel pants? Is that a stout or barley wine? Sounds like I need one of those 

Its a barrel aged pale/strong ale.  Basically we put our non-dryhopped Big Boy Pants in a Buffalo Trace barrel for 6 months.  Much more complexity than I was anticipating.  Very strong, a nice sipper.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Its a barrel aged pale/strong ale.  Basically we put our non-dryhopped Big Boy Pants in a Buffalo Trace barrel for 6 months.  Much more complexity than I was anticipating.  Very strong, a nice sipper.

Nice. Wouldn’t mind giving that a try 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic