Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking about this.  My 4 yr old now yells “look people coming, we have to cross the street!” if we encounter other people on a walk...not normal. 

Common refrain from daughter is “that looks like fun to do when the virus is over”.  Breaks my heart every time

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Beautiful day out for a run in rock creek park, cranked out 8 miles, then flying a kite with the kids and now a fire.  Nice to have this crisp weather in May.  

Yep, I just got in. OUTSTANDING day. Walked around our local lake (6-7 miles) then drove up to the airport (3700 ft el) and just enjoyed the mid 30's and 30 mph wind for probably the last time until October. UNLESS I make it out to son's place in Colorado that is.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

So did my annual Mother's Day tradition a day early. All I ask for is an unlimited budget at my favorite local nursery. The only thing different is that I usually come home and start planting. I will not be planting till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest most likely Monday. Got a Bahn Mi from a local Vietnamese food truck that was at the nursery for lunch. Was actually a better day for some Pho but the Pork Belly was calling my name in the Bahn Mi. 

I love this! I get flowers for Mother’s Day too, they went out yesterday in the rain and picked me out quite a few to plant. Happy Mother’s Day to you! 

• Like 1

@jonjon is telling lies. I wasn’t the one in control of the tap handles. 

We had a great day trip. Snow squalls on the way out, light snow during our hike through Swallow Falls, and then a social distance hang out with JonJon at the brewery. Their beers are exceptional and it was great getting some tips for my home brews. We decided that we need to organize a MA trip out there when the quarantine is over, and why not?  They’ve got a new rental directly over the brewery that would be perfect for a sizable gang, so no reason not to start thinking about it.

Back to the beers, @mattie g would be proud to know that he helped inspire a Russian Imperial Stout that was still in the fermenter, so definitely a reason for a return trip. We got to sample several of the draft beers, but in the end, we couldn’t decide so just opted on buying a 4-pack of everything available. Also got a growler of one of the sours not in cans. Luckily, we forgot to bring one of the dozen empty growlers taking up cupboard space at home and had to get one of Stumptown’s cool growlers. Think, “I Dream of Jeannie.” He’s also started experimenting with barrel aged stuff and somehow a year old bottle of whiskey barrel aged goodness made it into the cooler. That might be for tomorrow night around the fire pit!

It was a perfect day and nice to catch up with good people. So, what’s everyone drinking now? I may need to crack open one of these “Porter? I Barely Knew Her.”

image.jpeg.2d5d3bd0df15c416e8d1e24389e34873.jpeg

image.jpeg.13e1e1d2fb5be694bd91aceed44e13fd.jpeg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@jonjon is telling lies. I wasn’t the one in control of the tap handles. 

We had a great day trip. Snow squalls on the way out, light snow during our hike through Swallow Falls, and then a social distance hang out with JonJon at the brewery. Their beers are exceptional and it was great getting some tips for my home brews. We decided that we need to organize a MA trip out there when the quarantine is over, and why not?  They’ve got a new rental directly over the brewery that would be perfect for a sizable gang, so no reason not to start thinking about it.

Back to the beers, @mattie g would be proud to know that he helped inspire a Russian Imperial Stout that was still in the fermenter, so definitely a reason for a return trip. We got to sample several of the draft beers, but in the end, we couldn’t decide so just opted on buying a 4-pack of everything available. Also got a growler of one of the sours not in cans. Luckily, we forgot to bring one of the dozen empty growlers taking up cupboard space at home and had to get one of Stumptown’s cool growlers. Think, “I Dream of Jeannie.” He’s also started experimenting with barrel aged stuff and somehow a year old bottle of whiskey barrel aged goodness made it into the cooler. That might be for tomorrow night around the fire pit!

It was a perfect day and nice to catch up with good people. So, what’s everyone drinking now? I may need to crack open one of these “Porter? I Barely Knew Her.”

Sounds like a great day trip!  Swallow Falls is one of our favorite spots especially when its not busy in the summer.  I’m sure it was great with the snow falling.  Hopefully I can make it next time!

Just now, nj2va said:

Sounds like a great day trip!  Swallow Falls is one of our favorite spots especially when its not busy in the summer.  I’m sure it was great with the snow falling.  Hopefully I can make it next time!

Yeah, man. Sorry that it didn’t work out this weekend, but we love it up there, so there will plenty of other opportunities. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

That's as good a reason as any. This subforum is full of really sensitive people.

And people who are just posting stuff to get a rise out of others and cause trouble.  Why don't you go back to posting about it at the political forum?  Oh wait...

• Like 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

They don’t want to hear it in THIS thread. I’ve never censored or reported a single one of your posts nor did I advocate closing that thread so go stump to someone else. 

I know. They need to open the thread back up. It's not harming anyone, and this idea absent Randy who posts here once a month is setting these rules is just about the silliest thing I have ever heard.

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hogan is going to make us wear masks until we have a widely available vaccine, isn't he? I'll be in New Hampshire.

If that’s what it takes to get you out of this forum...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Anybody have any suggestions for places within an hour of DC to walk/hike that aren’t overrun?  

Terrapin Park in Stevensville is one of my local favorites. Its literally just across the bay bridge. Lots of trails and you can walk along the beach. I go there often. Great place to pick up driftwood, which I kinda collect.

I have not been since the COVID restrictions, so you might want to check if you decide to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic