Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2020

George BM

33 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'm on the board for the pool I belong to.  We have been working on plans for the possibility we will open with rules in place that follow the guidelines.

For small neighborhood pools the list is daunting.  One of the bigger issues is enforcement.  Pools are mostly staffed with teenagers.  they will now be asked to do things above and beyond what they are supposed to do.  Training, supplies, cleaning, etc, etc, etc.  

And the policing they might have to do opens such a can of worms.  We live in an age of entitlement where members don't want to listen and be told when they are doing or their kids are doing something wrong.

It is a massive headache and without clear guidance from the health dept the planning for opening has been a nightmare.

My investment...ok folly, of installing an inground pool 7 years ago might actually payoff this year....it better be hot and sunny this summer, so far, not so much.....   I can't wait to do video conference calls while floating in my pool...#winning....until I drop the phone in the drink.....

Just now, Ji said:
1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:
It was mostly my fault. Instead of ignoring the trolls I got into a flame war with them and it made the thread mostly useless garbage. 

Trolls=people who dont agree with you lol?

Well there was @PhineasC, he makes some valid points but always throws in a hefty dash of the culture war stuff.  “All the elite people enjoying the quarantine ordering door dash...” But then there was one guy who just posted worthless comparisons to the flu nonstop and another guy who posted some incoherent nonsense.  At the end of the day the thread was fine.  I say open it up!!!

27 minutes ago, Ji said:
1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:
It was mostly my fault. Instead of ignoring the trolls I got into a flame war with them and it made the thread mostly useless garbage. 

Trolls=people who dont agree with you lol?

I see you hit up the bait shop this morning. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Well there was @PhineasC, he makes some valid points but always throws in a hefty dash of the culture war stuff.  “All the elite people enjoying the quarantine ordering door dash...” But then there was one guy who just posted worthless comparisons to the flu nonstop and another guy who posted some incoherent nonsense.  At the end of the day the thread was fine.  I say open it up!!!

Agreed. We're nearing the HHH months of summer when this place is mostly dead. The covid thread was mostly good and another reason to hit the boards.

Bring it back! Bring it back! 

46 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Maybe we can open it up if comments remain 6 minutes apart.  Temporal distancing, to better clean up useless posts.  And to enter that thread, all users must come in with waders.  Because it could get very deep in there, ya know!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Agreed. We're nearing the HHH months of summer when this place is mostly dead. The covid thread was mostly good and another reason to hit the boards.

Bring it back! Bring it back! 

Maybe @WxWatcher007 should open up the Panic Room early this year.  Would it be considered an "essential business"??  It sure is during the winter, I'm sure there's a loophole his well-paid bony lawyers will find to allow summertime reaping!

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Maybe @WxWatcher007 should open up the Panic Room early this year.  Would it be considered an "essential business"??  It sure is during the winter, I'm sure there's a loophole his well-paid bony lawyers will find to allow summertime reaping!

I’m pretty sure he’s vacationing on some open beach in Florida. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok two things: 

1. I’m on vacation. It’s the offseason for me. This is one essential business that is CLOSED. Winter weenies only. 

2. Even the bony among us must adhere to social distancing guidelines. I’m doing my part!

skeleton-beach-towel-relaxing-sand-coast

Don't  forget the sunscreen.  And where's the tropical drink??

(ETA:  Do you make sure to stay 6 feet under??):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m feeling like something salty. I’m going in for a vodka martini with olives.

I had a Goose Island IPA, now a glass(or 2) of red wine. I think I will end up with a Jefferson's small batch on the rocks at some point.

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not six feet under, but there's plenty space to rest in the ground. We’ve come a long way, now people wave and say hello when I retreat to my summer spot. Once again, adhering to social distancing with the exception of one. 

20141012_1429361.jpg

Just remember to wear a mask when you go for your cemetery-side pickup!! 

How the Novel Coronavirus Can (Maybe) Infect You

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic