Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

56 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, that’s interesting. If I have a job by then it may not be the best thing lol but entertaining 

I love when they play on Thanksgiving. Perfect ending to the day as long as we win. I think this will make the 3rd time. First 2 Thanksgiving games we were home and won.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, H2O said:

Another COVID casualty. My kids summer swim league canceled due to the pandemic.  Got some sad kids in the house tonight

Seems a bit premature to cancel a summer outdoor league. It may be the right call. But it seems like that call could have been made closer to the end of the month depending on what the Covid landscape looks like.  Sorry to hear about the kids disappointment. That sucks.

8 hours ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Seems a bit premature to cancel a summer outdoor league. It may be the right call. But it seems like that call could have been made closer to the end of the month depending on what the Covid landscape looks like.  Sorry to hear about the kids disappointment. That sucks.

Not really given the phases we are looking at as things try to reopen.  NoVa is still a hotspot per numbers and while other areas in the state might be able to get to phase 3 sooner the word I'm getting is that NoVa will take some time.  Even if phase 2 comes June 10 it still limits crowds to 50 people.  Can't run a swim meet with 50 people.  So out of an abundance of caution and not keep people in limbo they made the call.

Def sucks but wasn't a surprise.  We will adjust and make the best we can out of things.

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

You got that right!

Thought I do not begrudge someone who does the instant ones. I used to eat those too when younger. 

I’m glad to hear that you don’t judge. We’ve got the pantry loaded with instant packs. Perfect for the two of us and so many great artificial  flavors!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hard to beat these. 

Even my mom, who is a great cook, uses them when she doesn't have the time.

Bob Evans All Natural Homestyle Classic Mashed Potatoes (20 oz ...

Y'all can go ahead and drag me now.

That's good stuff. We have them all the time. Cant tell there out of package. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hard to beat these. 

Even my mom, who is a great cook, uses them when she doesn't have the time.

Bob Evans All Natural Homestyle Classic Mashed Potatoes (20 oz ...

Y'all can go ahead and drag me now.

You post this pic and I'm the one that got yelled at for my weenies and Chef Boyardee spaghettios jello.  This effing place. 

:bike:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@mappy

Finally watched the Westworld finale.

Overall I was not overly impressed by the last 2 episodes. However, the after the credits scenes in the finale were pretty epic.  I hope the game gets upped a bit for next season. I was totally into this season early on- and how different it was- but then I kinda got a bit bored with the 'story line' as the season went on.

I feel like this was the weakest season so far. I love the premise of Dolores wanting the human race to make their own choices, but it took way too long to get there. And Maeve's whole storyline was terrible. I get it, she wants to be in the Sublime with her daughter, but my god, 7 episodes of nothing before she finally figured it out? Come on.. 

With that said, season 4 hopefully will be awesome. Caleb/Maeve vs Halores/HostWilliam... yes please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

What pool?

Might not be feasible everywhere, but limited hours and reserved times w seating capacities could work at pools. 

My community has 3 outdoor pools w member only access. I'd think you can work something out there. Are you more likely to get sick at the pool vs the gym, trail, beach, etc? 

4 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Might not be feasible everywhere, but limited hours and reserved times w seating capacities could work at pools. 

My community has 3 outdoor pools w member only access. I'd think you can work something out there. Are you more likely to get sick at the pool vs the gym, trail, beach, etc? 

I'm on the board for the pool I belong to.  We have been working on plans for the possibility we will open with rules in place that follow the guidelines.

For small neighborhood pools the list is daunting.  One of the bigger issues is enforcement.  Pools are mostly staffed with teenagers.  they will now be asked to do things above and beyond what they are supposed to do.  Training, supplies, cleaning, etc, etc, etc.  

And the policing they might have to do opens such a can of worms.  We live in an age of entitlement where members don't want to listen and be told when they are doing or their kids are doing something wrong.

It is a massive headache and without clear guidance from the health dept the planning for opening has been a nightmare.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic