Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

On another (more important) topic, I need to make a beer run today. I have none! 

Very urgent situation here.

Nice get r done. I’m taking a break until I go pick up my rar order sometime next week. This past Tuesday and Saturday really kicked my butt 

• Like 1

This place is dead with the Covid thread gone.

I know it got a little testy in there at times, but I found the conversation to be interesting.  Getting the insight from all sides of people I feel like I know from this subforum was fun.  Even if I didn't agree.  Too bad we weren't able to continue.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jonjon said:

This place is dead with the Covid thread gone.

I know it got a little testy in there at times, but I found the conversation to be interesting.  Getting the insight from all sides of people I feel like I know from this subforum was fun.  Even if I didn't agree.  Too bad we weren't able to continue.

You know, at first I felt that way, but with all the disinfo... both here, on Facebook, etc... maybe it’s for the best. Nothing we say will change things.

12 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

There's a COVID thread in the New England forum.  The usual suspects are over there advocating for the barbershop and tattoo parlor economy in case you guys are missing that discussion.

Nope Nope Nope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Bit of an update on the Earl Thomas thing..

Baltimore Ravens star Earl Thomas is listed as the victim in a domestic violence incident last month in Austin, where his wife was arrested after police say she told them she pointed a loaded weapon at her husband's head when she found him in bed with another woman. Nina Thomas, 30, was arrested and charged with first-degree family violence for burglary of a residence with intent to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Two women who police say accompanied Nina to the residence to confront her husband were charged with burglary of a residence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/05/07/earl-thomas-wife-arrested-gun-brother-baltimore-ravens/3088413001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomsports-topstories

eta- Nina Thomas told police she used Snapchat to track Earl to the rental home, brought two other women with her, and found her husband and his brother in separate bedrooms with two other women. according to ESPN.

@Baltimorewx

No brotherly orgy apparently.

1 hour ago, Inverted_Trough said:

There's a COVID thread in the New England forum.  The usual suspects are over there advocating for the barbershop and tattoo parlor economy in case you guys are missing that discussion.

Thanks.  Just read the last several pages in their thread and thought it was going pretty well.  Too bad its mostly people I'm not familiar with.  Wish our sub-forum could have handled it.

I understand that those types of conversations are not for everyone, and there is no way to eliminate some political and personal biases on the topic; but its a thread that you don't have to click on if it bothers you.  I guess I just never understood calls to close threads.  Its not like they are forced upon anyone, and if they aren't getting any value by reading it anymore or are offended by the tone, then there is a simple solution for them.  But closing a thread cuts off an avenue of discussion for those who did get some value out of it.  

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Thanks.  Just read the last several pages in their thread and thought it was going pretty well.  Too bad its mostly people I'm not familiar with.  Wish our sub-forum could have handled it.

I understand that those types of conversations are not for everyone, and there is no way to eliminate some political and personal biases on the topic; but its a thread that you don't have to click on if it bothers you.  I guess I just never understood calls to close threads.  Its not like they are forced upon anyone, and if they aren't getting any value by reading it anymore or are offended by the tone, then there is a simple solution for them.  But closing a thread cuts off an avenue of discussion for those who did get some value out of it.  

Agree. I was certainly getting some value out of it and some of the information shared by others. Was a nice place to kinda discuss the virus in a smaller forum than Facebook. But alas...all it took is for a few to derail it, smh

14 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Agree. I was certainly getting some value out of it and some of the information shared by others. Was a nice place to kinda discuss the virus in a smaller forum than Facebook. But alas...all it took is for a few to derail it, smh

It is pretty easy to simply not engage those who you think may be "derailing" the thread. Another option is ignore. I was a big proponent of having the COVID thread- I pushed for it and Mappy agreed to start it. I only engaged occasionally, but that's because I was able to keep informed to the level I required without discussing it all day long, and frankly I have other things to occupy my time. I understand that to some it is an interesting topic worthy of investing significant time to discussion, however. Having a dedicated thread also kept it from dominating banter. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It is pretty easy to simply not engage those who you think may be "derailing" the thread. Another option is ignore. I was a big proponent of having the COVID thread- I pushed for it and Mappy agreed to start it. I only engaged occasionally, but that's because I was able to keep informed to the level I required without discussing it all day long, and frankly I have other things to occupy my time. I understand that to some it is an interesting topic worthy of investing significant time to discussion, however. Having a dedicated thread also kept it from dominating banter. 

It appears it isn't allowed in banter either, other than silly soft news like "Hogan is opening ice cream shops tomorrow!!" Oh well, ignorance is bliss, I guess.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more people commenting on Hogan et. al saying that there won’t be a full return to school until Phase 3, which is tentatively estimated to be January 2021.  Maybe I’m misinterpreting it. 

https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2020/05/governor-hogans-update-on-covid-19-response-go-boating-and-golfing/

EDIT: After reading the article a little closer, I see that Maryland hasn’t tied the phases to any particular date.  The tentative date of January 2021 for Phase 3 was based on a chart that was provided to the state by a professor as part of a presentation.    

12 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more people commenting on Hogan et. al saying that there won’t be a full return to school until Phase 3, which is tentatively estimated to be January 2021.  Maybe I’m misinterpreting it. 

https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2020/05/governor-hogans-update-on-covid-19-response-go-boating-and-golfing/

Still wondering about daycares.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

It appears it isn't allowed in banter either, other than silly soft news like "Hogan is opening ice cream shops tomorrow!!" Oh well, ignorance is bliss, I guess.

and all this time I didn't realize i was arguing with the happiest person in the world!  

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I made my beer run. Decently restocked for now.

RAR.jpg.f6e94a32a5b8bb99d971547efca0fbd8.jpg

You stop by Hair O Dog?  If so, are they doing anything different, like order ahead?  Wishing Well is doing that and makes it super easy, just drive up and they put it in your car.

41 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

You stop by Hair O Dog?  If so, are they doing anything different, like order ahead?  Wishing Well is doing that and makes it super easy, just drive up and they put it in your car.

I have been there a couple times recently. You can walk in but they have the counter right at the entrance, and they go and get whatever you want. Ofc you have to know what you want lol. Town and Country is doing basically the same thing. Not sure about ordering ahead but I would assume so.

@mappy

Finally watched the Westworld finale.

Overall I was not overly impressed by the last 2 episodes. However, the after the credits scenes in the finale were pretty epic.  I hope the game gets upped a bit for next season. I was totally into this season early on- and how different it was- but then I kinda got a bit bored with the 'story line' as the season went on.

39 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

4 prime time games and a thanksgiving night game against the Steelers for the Ravens, sounds fun 

I kind of like the schedule. One difficult stretch post-bye, but otherwise manageable 

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I kind of like the schedule. One difficult stretch post-bye, but otherwise manageable 

Yeah, I mean either way, unless Lamar significantly regresses, there’s no reason why we shouldnt be a 10-11 win team and that’s minimally. I think a 12-4 season is pretty realistic 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic