Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Lol. Well I guess its a start. 

If MLB season is shortened it should make the playoff hunt more wide open. 

Still wont help the O's lol

Yeah it’ll definitely be interesting. But yes the Os wouldn’t have a shot in a 10 game season lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah it’ll definitely be interesting. But yes the Os wouldn’t have a shot in a 10 game season lol

Its crazy how far and fast the O's have fallen since 2014. I was at game 1 of the ALDS against Detroit.  Great day. Spent the afternoon at Pickles before the 5 pm start time of the game. Such a pumped up atmosphere. Tillman was hitting 96 - 97 on the radar gun in the first inning so he was pumped up also lol.  When the O's scored 7 runs in the seventh inning to bust the game open Camden was so freaking loud. Just an awesome atmosphere. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The other 2 I might use to steam shrimp with or something.:lol:

Lol one is a juicy ipa and the other is shift which is like a lager I think. Haha and yeah but if I have to drink a domestic I’d probably pick yeungling over the others 

6 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

At your place, isn't that kind of like bringing coals to Newcastle?? :D

Lol it was a nice gesture. I asked for dark beers but it was probably from someone who put a bunch of these together and just hit as many spots as they could lol I’ll take it 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Oak Aged Vanilla WWS time.

This is better than I remember. Smell is incredible. And so smooth (dangerous).

I need to get my hands on the bourbon barrel aged edition again though. Harder to find than the other 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George BM said:

What is the difference between a 30-min IPA, a 60-min IPA, a 90-min IPA and a 120-min IPA?

Do they each have their own effects/taste?

Oh big time. I believe it’s how long they are hopped. Generally the longer, the more smooth and different tasting beer profiles. For instance I don’t like DFH 60 min, it’s your typical IPA in my opinion but 90 minute is more smooth and more malty, barley 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George BM said:

What is the difference between a 30-min IPA, a 60-min IPA, a 90-min IPA and a 120-min IPA?

Do they each have their own effects/taste?

Yeah the "minutes" is the duration the hops are added to the wort during the boil. That is the fundamental difference. However, the 120 uses a bunch more barley in the mashing process(producing a lot more fermentable sugars) than say the 60 or the 90 min. It's necessary in order to balance out all the hops, and ofc it produces a bunch more alcohol during the fermentation process.

The DFH 60 min IPA is 6% ABV, the 90 min is 9%, and the 120 is a whopping 16-18%, depending on the batch. So as for taste, the 60 is mild and somewhat hoppy, the 90 is more malty, and the 120 is smooth, a tad sweet, but boozy, with the insane amount of barley(malt) balancing the 2 hours of hopping during the boil. The 120 is also dry hopped, which adds additional hops after the boil, mostly for aroma.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I guess you can’t do tacos without margs...I wasn’t gonna drink tonight but my dad dropped this off so oh well lol

9B1B16B8-FA2A-461A-A69B-DAE0E3195779.jpeg

Man, I should camp out on your steps, so the next time someone drops booze off to you, I can grab-and-go!!  Curb side service!! :lol:

Joking, of course...well, maybe!  But that looks quite tasty, now I want a margarita!  And it is cool that someone dropped those other beers off to you before, too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Man, I should camp out on your steps, so the next time someone drops booze off to you, I can grab-and-go!!  Curb side service!! :lol:

Joking, of course...well, maybe!  But that looks quite tasty, now I want a margarita!  And it is cool that someone dropped those other beers off to you before, too!

lol yeah I got it good today. I’ll have to return the favor later this week. But I think I’ll do it the cheap way out haha 

• Haha 1

We realized we could get Instacart liquor delivery from Costco two days ago. That’s a game changer for us as the liquor store was worse than anywhere else we’ve been in terms of people being able to maintain distance inside. 

We taste tested the two types of vodkas, the gin, and the wine. Kirkland brands will do fine for us, and now we can cross off the liquor store as the last remaining destination. 

55A25CB4-438E-47FD-A479-84A2FF49CCA2.jpeg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

We realized we could get Instacart liquor delivery from Costco two days ago. That’s a game changer for us as the liquor store was worse than anywhere else we’ve been in terms of people being able to maintain distance inside. 

We taste tested the two types of vodkas, the gin, and the wine. Kirkland brands will do fine for us, and now we can cross off the liquor store as the last remaining destination. 

Big fan of going to the DC Costco just to get liquor - we’ve actually stopped at the Christiana Mall off 95 in Delaware in the past to get some tax free liquor at Costco too on our way north to NJ/NY to visit family.

the Kirkland wines are very good (their Sauvignon Blanc which I see in your picture is very good, especially for the price).  Their liquor is also very good when you price compare - their vodka is made in the same distillery as Belvedere (IIRC).  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic