Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I deff hear you but the 60 and 90 are worlds different to me. Being someone who isn’t an IPA fan, the 60 tastes like a typical IPA, where I get plenty of malt and or barley out of the 90 minute 

Well thats the difference between those 2 yes. The 90 defo has a big malt backbone by comparison. But you ain't seen nothing yet, until you try the 120. Insane amount of hops and barley. The latter gives you the sweet, smooth balance, and the 18% abv. 

We had a great day down in Blackwater including biking the wildlife loop. Saw 9 confirmed bald eagles and a few unconfirmed, but unfortunately, we didn’t catch any snakeheads. Also tried to stop in Wishing Well Liquors but they close early because of covid, so settled on a small beer store and picked up a few things I haven’t seen over here.  

And now relaxing with a Manhattan. Great day.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like 0 qpf for northern Carroll county today.  As long as this gets remedied by next winter :whistle:

PhotoPictureResizer_200503_081925744_crop_503x291.png

It’s a little damp here, hoping it clears a little. Need to finish power washing the deck. 

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We had a great day down in Blackwater including biking the wildlife loop. Saw 9 confirmed bald eagles and a few unconfirmed, but unfortunately, we didn’t catch any snakeheads. Also tried to stop in Wishing Well Liquors but they close early because of covid, so settled on a small beer store and picked up a few things I haven’t seen over here.  

And now relaxing with a Manhattan. Great day.

Sounds like a great day!  Got any good pics to share?

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just Don't power wash your outdoor receptacles and light fixtures :whistle:

Or you'll be calling me lol.

Don’t worry, I stayed away from them yesterday. Need to finish up the railings and deck trim 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Don’t worry, I stayed away from them yesterday. Need to finish up the railings and deck trim from the outside rather than inside. 

I worked on doing the house yesterday, probably finish up Monday. And yes, I stayed away from the electrical stuff LTA6!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, snowfan said:

From the looks of the covid thread, I think some missed yesterdays nice weather. Biked 35 miles. 

It was so, so wonderful. Went hiking with my son.

We identified so many plants... the PictureThis app is awesome.

We also identified stinging nettle... >.> my poor kiddo and I brushed into some.

37 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I worked on doing the house yesterday, probably finish up Monday. And yes, I stayed away from the electrical stuff LTA6!

The staircase photo is my fave. Steps cleaned other than top backboard. Right side railing done, left side not. It’s been years since we’ve seen the true wood color. 

sanding and staining the railing has now been added to our to do list. Thankfully the decking is composite and in great shape. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mappy said:

The staircase photo is my fave. Steps cleaned other than top backboard. Right side railing done, left side not. It’s been years since we’ve seen the true wood color. 

sanding and staining the railing has now been added to our to do list. Thankfully the decking is composite and in great shape. 

Very cool! So many of us are catching up on home projects. I'm going full Marie Kondo on my house right now.

Also, the previous owners did a lot of shitty handy work themselves. We’ve slowly been replacing and correcting as we can. The deck cleaning is us putting lipstick on a pig until we can comfortably afford putting a new deck on the house

25 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also, the previous owners did a lot of shitty handy work themselves. We’ve slowly been replacing and correcting as we can. The deck cleaning is us putting lipstick on a pig until we can comfortably afford putting a new deck on the house

UGH! I have a lot of decking, back deck is weirdly shaped 6x12 angling out to 12x22 with a set of steps off the side (deck is 10 foot above ground level). Then the front covered deck is 6x12 with a staircase and side is 8x12 with another set of stairs! When I power wash/stain that it is a month adventure lol! I had to take a 2nd look at the avatar, thought I had something on the screen. Good deal on going composite on the deck boards, I likely will once I get to the point of needing to replace.

24 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

UGH! I have a lot of decking, back deck is weirdly shaped 6x12 angling out to 12x22 with a set of steps off the side (deck is 10 foot above ground level). Then the front covered deck is 6x12 with a staircase and side is 8x12 with another set of stairs! When I power wash/stain that it is a month adventure lol! I had to take a 2nd look at the avatar, thought I had something on the screen. Good deal on going composite on the deck boards, I likely will once I get to the point of needing to replace.

lol 

4 hours ago, snowfan said:

Also, murder Hornets. I'm loving 2020 so far. 

I know we have european hornets around here that are no joke to mess with. But murder hornets?!?!

They've confirmed those darn Asian Giant Hornets (aka "murder hornets") out in Washington.  One bee keeper out there found thousands of her honey bees decapitated.

I killed a European hornet the other day.  Mean looking thing!

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Should I thank or curse the rain I’m getting right now?  It lets me do nothing but it prevents me from power washing. 

It might of saved 2 lives in the year 2127. We will perhaps never know but we are working with tight margins.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Imagine a months long Thanksgiving where there’s no food, no sports, and perpetual arguments between family members about the same things. That’s the COVID thread. 

Excuse my language but sometimes my wx family is depressing AF. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a928d22329ebc14a6eb

No one is forcing you to read the thread. Go drink some craft beer or toss the football around in the yard.

5 minutes ago, snowfan said:

One interesting thing I saw on twitter was some school district announcing no snow days next year now that they know distance learning works.

That would be some sh!t for all the kids and adults that like snow days. Lol.

I love snow days, but I'd be all for it.  I hate adding days to the end of the school year.

9 minutes ago, snowfan said:

One interesting thing I saw on twitter was some school district announcing no snow days next year now that they know distance learning works.

That would be some sh!t for all the kids and adults that like snow days. Lol.

Distance learning is definitely not working... at least not for us.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I was on a big local conference call recently about distance learning. There are a lot of issues not the least of which is the lost opportunity for kids to learn how to interact with others. Here, it seems to be easier for kids that are on the older side. It’s really rough for the early elementary kids and parents. 

I would agree with that. My kids are all 5th grade or younger. If I was a junior in HS this would be OK, maybe even 8th grade and up if the student is really diligent and self-motivating.

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I would agree with that. My kids are all 5th grade or younger. If I was a junior in HS this would be OK, maybe even 8th grade and up if the student is really diligent and self-motivating.

I have a 4th grader and kindergartener and its been tough sledding. Not alot of teacher instruction and just fiquiring things out on our own. Thr most frustrating is when the technology is not working and it takes an hour to do something that should take 10 min.

16 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I have a 4th grader and kindergartener and its been tough sledding. Not alot of teacher instruction and just fiquiring things out on our own. Thr most frustrating is when the technology is not working and it takes an hour to do something that should take 10 min.

We are considering home schooling because we figure in the fall it will be the same and we will be doing most of the work anyway...

• Like 2

I’m hopeful the change this week in BaltCo will help. More virtual meets and teachers actually wanting to see what the kids have been doing. Now granted, I’ve only got a first grader so it’s been pretty simple in terms of teaching her things. But not nearly enough "class" time with her teacher. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic