Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Rest of the week looks to turn cooler and wetter.  Shocker.  We might be struggling to get out of the 60s this weekend.  

Shouldn’t it be relatively warm still even with showers thru Saturday? The cool down starts Sunday I was under the impression. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna b constant rain, at least here anyway. The worst of it to me looks like late Friday into 18z Saturday 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Shouldn’t it be relatively warm still even with showers thru Saturday? The cool down starts Sunday I was under the impression. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna b constant rain, at least here anyway. The worst of it to me looks like late Friday into 18z Saturday 

Perhaps I'm being a bit too pessimistic (there's a first), but it seems like temps on MOS are trending down below 80 after tomorrow and the POPs are more in the 50% - 70% chance now instead of the 30% to 50% they were a few days ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

What are rainfall amounts looking like? 

Looks like generally 1-2” thru 00z Saturday. A few lucky folks might get around or a little over the 2”. My bet would be the western folks from Winchester to Frederick but we’ll see

51 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Perhaps I'm being a bit too pessimistic (there's a first), but it seems like temps on MOS are trending down below 80 after tomorrow and the POPs are more in the 50% - 70% chance now instead of the 30% to 50% they were a few days ago.

It is an impressive cool shot for June 1st, but this map starts to get more orange and red after that.

gfs_T850a_us_25.thumb.png.716d8a6ad0ded39b81589334e753f895.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It is an impressive cool shot for June 1st, but this map starts to get more orange and red after that.

gfs_T850a_us_25.thumb.png.716d8a6ad0ded39b81589334e753f895.png

I’ll welcome max high of 70 for a day or 2. Before we know it it’ll be July, and 90-100F or not, it’ll be humid so...

The small tropical disturbance looks like it will track well west now, as the Atlantic ridge is stronger/further west. The area of lift with that feature is compact, and looks to be focused over the mountains. Rain chances for most of the region look pretty low until Friday as the front approaches, and even that is looking less impressive for significant rain on the latest guidance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The small tropical disturbance looks like it will track well west now, as the Atlantic ridge is stronger/further west. The area of lift with that feature is compact, and looks to be focused over the mountains. Rain chances for most of the region look pretty low until Friday as the front approaches, and even that is looking less impressive for significant rain on the latest guidance.

Yeah lol almost a repeat of like last week. 

19 minutes ago, snowfan said:

6z gfs even drier locally. MOS temps at DCA starting today 79,84,87,83,75 thru sunday.

I saw the forecast yesterday for a possibility rainy week. I immediately set up my sprinklers and positioned them for a heavy watering week. Im not new here.

Another foggy ugly morning with temps in 60's. Looks pretty socked in. I doubt we see sun today.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I saw the forecast yesterday for a possibility rainy week. I immediately set up my sprinklers and positioned them for a heavy watering week. Im not new here.

Another foggy ugly morning with temps in 60's. Looks pretty socked in. I doubt we see sun today.

Was super foggy here too, but has mixed out already. Sun is out for now,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Models showing back to back big rainers  5+ days and busting big both time. They are getting worse.

Hahaha. I was just wondering if this would be my last happy hour on the deck until maybe Saturday. Decided to look at the NAMs, HRRR, etc. What a joke! We might see a sprinkle? Whatever. I’ll water my plants and enjoy the tropical drinks and sun. :lol:

6 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Models showing back to back big rainers  5+ days and busting big both time. They are getting worse.

They missed last week because the upper low cut off too far SW.  The models have no been enthused with this week’s chances.  The human forecasters have been more keen on the rain chances because of the PW values.  If it doesn’t rain much it’ll be a win for the models.

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Sadly they have/are happening down this way. Wet, wet, wet.

My yard is still waiting to cross the 2inch mark for the month... we did manage to get 1.6 last week, most of it in the final night of the event ... so that saved us from potentialy finishing  May extremely dry....

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw the Euro and it has mby a sunny  upper 60s Sunday and mid 60s Monday.  Mid 40s overnight.  Anomalous for sure .  Through Wed mid 70s at the highest . Nice imo. 95/75 will be here before you know it.:frostymelt:

Bad news for tomatoes and squash and melons. It's shaping up to be a tough year in the garden.

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic