Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

54 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

0.23” so far. I’d be pretty happy to eke out another half inch.

Going to be a lot of widely scattered showers with this, and there is also a chance of some thunderstorms, mainly tomorrow. Some places should do very well, others not so much.
There was a nice round of moderate showers moving through here early this morning. I left as it was ongoing. There was 0.15" in the bucket when I left. I would be happy to see a half inch total through tomorrow.

Another 1.31 in the gauge at 7 am. That brings the last 4 days total to 4.01 inches, and now sitting at 4.93 inches for the month of May. Roanoke had 3 consecutive days with 2+ inches of rain. Never had happened before, their records go back to 1912. I'll have to look for their event total......

Well, here is the NWS tweet-

'For the first time ever since records began in 1912, Roanoke will have its third straight day of having at least 2 inches of rain. Here is the tally as of now:

May 19: 2.84"
May 20: 2.76"
May 21: 2.31" and counting as of 8:45 PM EDT'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

No real signs of any prolonged heat. This h5 look would be pretty pleasant in early June. Probably lots of 70s with lows in the upper 50s.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_54.png

Robust + PNA spike upcoming. Supports early June cool temps in the East. Meanwhile SSTs off the coast are rather chilly,  stuck in the low to mid 50's for 2 months.   Ouch ! 

pna.sprd2.gif

Alright, so I'm confused...if we had this low of a sun activity last year...and we have a possible "lag" effect...when do we get the winter benefit? This year? Or do we start the clock on the lag this year and have to wait ANOTHER year? (I hope it's the former...because having to wait until winter 2021-22 is gonna kinda suck). I guess we can only wait and see...

18 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

@Mrs.Jwould be jealous of the massive new horse barn and indoor ring I'm working at:) Probably 30-40 horses here near Westminster .

OH I bet it is nice. Probably a pretty penny also. I guessing board is pretty pricey there also. :D

16 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Alright, so I'm confused...if we had this low of a sun activity last year...and we have a possible "lag" effect...when do we get the winter benefit? This year? Or do we start the clock on the lag this year and have to wait ANOTHER year? (I hope it's the former...because having to wait until winter 2021-22 is gonna kinda suck). I guess we can only wait and see...

If we are heading for a la nada I'm expecting another crappy winter no matter what.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The indoor main arena has like a 25 foot ceiling and is around 125 feet by 60 feet . Then off to the side is 20  horse stalls and tack room . This is all brand new . She already has another horse barn with a couple dozen stalls.  The owner is a racehorse workout rider . She gives several racehorses at Laurel there early morning training runs from 5am to 10am  then drives back to Westminster  and does riding lessons the rest of the day . She's a real go getter . 

Is it a racing barn or a Hunter/Jumper, Eventing or Dressage barn? My daughters current large pony mare is half Thoroughbred. Her mom was a TB and her sire raced at Laurel. His name was Smart Alec. 

And hearing you say you are pulling wire am guessing you are an Electrician. My dad is a retired Electrician his dad, my grandfather was also an Electrician, and one of my brothers is an Electrician. 

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Did you mean la nina? (I thought la nada meant neutral...which doesn't seem to work well either, lol)

Lol. Yea I mean La Niña. When I think of a Niña Ussualy it means were ain't getting much snow but after last winter almost anything would be an upgrade lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Lol. Yea I mean La Niña. When I think of a Niña Ussualy it means were ain't getting much snow but after last winter almost anything would be an upgrade lol.

No kidding...And yeah think of nina as nada too, lol Man I hope we ain't headed there...that would truly suck after what we've been through post January 2016! You just gotta hope it's weak or fizzles out...But it will be interesting to see what if any effect this deep minimum will have...

0.25 for me, and 1.15 for the month.  Last rain before today was 0.3 on the 8th.

Really looking forward to some summery weather next week, but I chuckled when I read this part from this afternoon's disco.  Those cut-offs probably won't bother though.  Probably.

High pressure looks to remain over the Mid-Atlantic throughout much
of next week. At this time, mostly dry conditions and seasonable
temperatures look to persist through Friday. However, there is some
uncertainty in regards to possible impacts from two separate cut off
lows.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic