Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

28 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

High was 58 today, despite some significant sunny periods.

56 currently.

Who was saying temps in mid/late May cant stay this cool if its sunny? :whistle:

That was me.  But I am a turd with hair.  I didn’t think it was possible.  The weather never ceases to surprise me

• Haha 3

Just now, BristowWx said:

That was me.  But I am a turd with hair.  I didn’t think it was possible.  The weather never ceases to surprise me

I’m guilty too.  Sun recently popped out here, but not sure it ever got above 60 today.  It was a beautiful late winter day lol

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I’m guilty too.  Sun recently popped out here, but not sure it ever got above 60 today.  It was a beautiful late winter day lol

2020 continues to make me rethink everything I think I know.  Let’s hope winters best show was not achieved this spring. 70 and partly sunny on Xmas...I can see that. 

57 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

18z 3k increased winds here as well overnight.  Looks like 42-45 range  most likely around here.

53 here now with the sun lowering in the western sky. Sure feels more like October.

Probably hit a low of about 47 here.

• Like 1

Smoke from NJ wildfires is being pushing into northeast MD this evening.  Several smoke investigation calls into Harford, Baltimore and Carroll 911 centers.  Also a spike in low level particulate has been observed at several air quality stations in the Baltimore metro area.

9 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

This weather is torture. Need to see sun asap

Want some sun? Come on down! Come see us in south central Texas! Wall to wall sunshine with some pleasant 75 degree dewpoints and a nice high of 96!!!!

This is early, even for us down here! lol

Guess who got stuck out in the abundant sunshine trimmin hedges?

Yours truly.

Yesterday I had to trim dead branches off moms rosebush. It was 96 in the shade, dewpoint was 74 and the sun was out! I got thorned so bad all over my hands and my arm got shredded! I grabbed the hose, turned it on full and drank well water like a hot horse!

• Haha 1

Another 1.01 in the gauge this morning, bringing event total to 2.70 inches. And I am FINE with that, because in Roanoke area and just south they are closing in on double digit totals....NUTS!! It actually warmed here a bit overnight, currently 50.4/49.5 and the rain continues with an E wind at 8 mph. The 50.4 is another 'cool max' record, breaking 2002's 54 reading, the 1.01 is a new daily rainfall record, beating 2016's 0.63 inches. If I'd stayed in 40's it would have been my 2nd latest high below 50 degrees this late into the season.....oh well. Hope all along the rivers and creeks stay safe, especially those a bit south of me!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Another 1.01 in the gauge this morning, bringing event total to 2.70 inches. And I am FINE with that, because in Roanoke area and just south they are closing in on double digit totals....NUTS!! It actually warmed here a bit overnight, currently 50.4/49.5 and the rain continues with an E wind at 8 mph. The 50.4 is another 'cool max' record, breaking 2002's 54 reading, the 1.01 is a new daily rainfall record, beating 2016's 0.63 inches. If I'd stayed in 40's it would have been my 2nd latest high below 50 degrees this late into the season.....oh well. Hope all along the rivers and creeks stay safe, especially those a bit south of me!!

Only have had .82 in my gauge for the entire month a couple miles from Afton eastern Augusta county..

7 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Only have had .82 in my gauge for the entire month a couple miles from Afton eastern Augusta county..

Crazy. I am at 3.62 for the month now, and I missed the heavy rains that fell in very northern Alleghany and Bath county on 17th by just a couple miles. I had 0.04, they got 2-4 inches in like 3 hours.

Right on cue, the last week of may looks like mid 80s starting Wed-Sat then cooling slightly into the upper 70s. Humidity very high too with the chance of scattered showers. What would be May without a direct transition into early summer conditions, after being in early spring for the past 5 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Right on cue, the last week of may looks like mid 80s starting Wed-Sat then cooling slightly into the upper 70s. Humidity very high too with the chance of scattered showers. What would be May without a direct transition into early summer conditions, after being in early spring for the past 5 months

That’s what this week looked like about 10 days ago

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

@Mrs.Jwould be jealous of the massive new horse barn and indoor ring I'm working at:) Probably 30-40 horses here near Westminster .

It really is boring weather though lol

17 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

It really is boring weather though lol

May through August is pretty boring around here until we can track something tropical.  Maybe we get a derecho line like we had several years ago.  That was fun.  

67 here.

The blocking pattern is finally breaking down. Somewhat warmer and more humid air mass is moving in for late tonight and tomorrow.

We shall see how the rain chances play out. I expect it will be underwhelming for many, given the upper low is in a much weakened state, and any surface low pressure that may move up along the coast also looks to be weak.

it's almost horse flies and no-see-ums season. I can ride my bike on a sweaty summer evening down the road these no-see-ums form clouds of hundreds in a concentrated spot and whack you in the face. disgusting feeling.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic