Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Hard to imagine if we get sun temps stay in mid 60s this time of year anywhere inland.  Just my 2 cents.  Unless it’s East wind an then it s hard to imagine sun.  

Totally agree.  If we get a prolonged period of sun in the back half of May it’s hard to imagine not hitting the 70s.

9 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Hard to imagine if we get sun temps stay in mid 60s this time of year anywhere inland.  Just my 2 cents.  Unless it’s East wind an then it s hard to imagine sun.  

That was my point/click forecast. Its been adjusted to mostly cloudy for today now. Either way with that strong high to the NE and a stiff ENE wind, it can absolutely keep temps in the 60s here even with some sun. In the urbanized areas further inland, probably not.

13 hours ago, nj2va said:

The issue with continued overcast days in the low/mid 60s is that its another week that goes by where we aren't getting normal temps in the mid 70s for this time of year.  We'll just flip the switch right to 90 instead of enjoying a few weeks of 75 degree temps.  

Ahhhhh, our climate.  May looks great on paper with avg highs rising through the 70s, then there's reality.  Through the 18th, Dulles has had only FIVE (!) days in the 70s; all the rest 50s, 60s and 80s.

• Like 2

As that high builds southward today and with Arthur offshore, the winds are going to really pick up here. Gusts to 30 in the forecast. Also looks like any clouds that build throughout the day should be mostly cirrus, so probably will see a decent amount of sun.

• Like 1

Well, off to a roaring start on the rain front for the week. Broke a daily rainfall record with 1.22 inches in the 'ol CoCoRaHS gauge, old record was 1.15 inches from 2003. Got to love that orographic lift. It is raining with an E wind at 9 mph and currently 50.1/48.8. That may be the high for the day as forecast is for it to be steady or drop a degree or two thru the day.

• Like 2

Lol, the time we finally do get a ridge in the east, it's all the way up in canada and we have easterly flow until the 27th. Memorial day looks to be in the low 70s here. I need it to actually be warm like its supposed to be for late May.

• Like 1

Yaaay wind. Over performed again. Must be gusts to 40. Tree debris everywhere again. Living in the woods is fun. Can also see how dry its become- lots of blowing dust and dirt from the fields driving home.

At least there was some sun much of the day. High was 66. Down to 63 now with clouds moving in.

• Like 1

Certainly a bit breezier than desired for today but I thought it was pleasantly nice otherwise. Was a great day to just sit out and hang out at the park and make sure no buttheads broke park protocols. A somewhat surprising amount of sun and almost made it to 70. 

54 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

More twigs and stuff down than normal because we don’t see a lot of these moderate sustained winds from the East.  Nice gradient between the high and the departing storm.

Definitely my first storm “damage” at my house since I moved 4 years ago.  That’s an 8” maple branch.  I’m just happy me and the kids were not out playing!

5F859FEF-8AE4-4990-A3D3-313A80FFDCE0.jpeg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

More twigs and stuff down than normal because we don’t see a lot of these moderate sustained winds from the East.  Nice gradient between the high and the departing storm.

Yeah I mentioned this this morning. Its been impressive. A bit more so than I expected (and was forecast). No big branches down here, but lots of small ones, and a bunch of twigs and general tree debris everywhere.

Starting out cloudy and 50, but hoping for some sun and less wind today.  Gonna be chilly though.  How would you like this forecast?  Concord, NH LOL.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Starting out cloudy and 50, but hoping for some sun and less wind today.  Gonna be chilly though.  How would you like this forecast?  Concord, NH LOL.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.

I actually like mine better

6B7BAE0E-0AF6-45D2-9821-86D15E778BCC.thumb.jpeg.c899e58e696cc0885584f495f847b2f2.jpeg

23 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, off to a roaring start on the rain front for the week. Broke a daily rainfall record with 1.22 inches in the 'ol CoCoRaHS gauge, old record was 1.15 inches from 2003. Got to love that orographic lift. It is raining with an E wind at 9 mph and currently 50.1/48.8. That may be the high for the day as forecast is for it to be steady or drop a degree or two thru the day.

Another 0.47 in the bucket this am, so 1.69 so far. That is NOTHING to what is happening just to my south from Rocky Mount thru Roanoke and Blacksburg to below Beckley WV. 3-5 inches there....yikes. Anyway, the skies lightened a bit around 10 am here and the temp pushed up to 52 degrees. Then a thundershower and back into upper 40's and fell rest of day/night on E to ENE breezy winds. That 52.0 was good enough for a new record 'cool max', beating 1981's 54 degree reading. 52.0/42.1 high low. Currently 42.6/39.9 and that heavy rain is right on my doorstep and moving in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Today

Thursday

Friday

Unreal how stuck we are in perpetual drab weather...oh look, more low 60s and muck!

Next week is looking better for now — but I’m sure some kind of ULL will show up on models and screw things up. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic