Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

18 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I am not so sure if his hot summer idea is going to work out. He has leaned stormier though which I agree with. We'll see.

Long and hot is pretty much a given in this area every summer, to varying degrees. Hopefully it wont be bone dry as well.

• Like 2

Pretty good overview of the sensible weather this week for the region from Mount Holly. We shall see about the chances for rain later in the week/weekend. Pretty iffy imo.

A widespread rain event for our region is unlikely until late in the week (especially starting Friday and continuing through the weekend) as the mid/upper level low finally begins to approach the region. It is too early to say if we are going to see heavy rain with this event as the low will be filling and weakening through this period as well. Temperature wise, we should once again be below normal for much of the week thanks to the influence of the continental polar air mass (associated with the Canadian surface high). Highs should be mostly in the 60s, until we get to Friday, when we could see a warm front lifting through our region, sparking a warming trend through the weekend.

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Wow, pretty much no rain in Baltimore until Thursday afternoon on the GFS lol. 

Been the story of our 2020...close in things collapse.  Later on the GFS than Euro but most precip events seem to fade.  

36 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

JustIn Berk posted this evening an update basically saying some of the modeling shows less rain but he doesn’t like to make “abrupt” changes to the forecast. I guess he hasn’t been following much the last 48 hours 

Not for Baltimore area but 18z GFS shows a few inches of rain again for DC southward. Maybe that’s part of what he’s saying. 

I can’t speak for other areas, but our forum has some great drinking folks. I don’t mean drink too much (well, maybe me), but rather really good tastes and recipes. @nj2va ‘s drink sounds awesome! I just planted two basil plants and can’t wait to get a few more leaves to try that. 

And where the heck is @mattie g ? He’s a savant at this stuff.

• Like 1

00z NAM declines to give any real appreciable rain (as in around 0.25" or less) through 12z THUR :lol:  This is from around EZF to Warrenton to OKV and those to the NE of that curved kinda line

ETA:  Temps don't make it above 60 for most on Wednesday per the 00z NAM either... i81 corridor and down towards CHO really suffer tempwise on the 00z NAM... upper 30s on the ridges and 40s to near 50 for those that get rained on

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Blocking. FTL(FTW).

gfs_mslpaNorm_namer_9.png

Works for me. The park I work at went back to normal staffing procedures so I’m actually currently working. Might not be ideal for most (70s and sun) but it’s a perfect day for a run and to just hang out and not sweat or freeze your balls off 

15 hours ago, yoda said:

00z NAM declines to give any real appreciable rain (as in around 0.25" or less) through 12z THUR :lol:  This is from around EZF to Warrenton to OKV and those to the NE of that curved kinda line

ETA:  Temps don't make it above 60 for most on Wednesday per the 00z NAM either... i81 corridor and down towards CHO really suffer tempwise on the 00z NAM... upper 30s on the ridges and 40s to near 50 for those that get rained on

What do you mean by suffering? I am THRILLED!! :D

• Haha 1

Actually got a couple peeks of sun here, 66 degrees.  Here's a blurb from Charlotte's disco on the big rains down there -- uses the words "not good" :o

short term guidance develops an intense E/SE flow within the CAD regime Tue night...and holds onto it for about 36 hours...not good. Strong upslope flow will likely result in
storm total rainfall of 7-10", with locally higher amounts along the eastern Blue Ridge escarpment, including the headwaters of the Catawba River basin.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Tomorrow looks like the nicest day of the week. Partly sunny and mid 60s. No complaints here if that materializes.

Hard to imagine if we get sun temps stay in mid 60s this time of year anywhere inland.  Just my 2 cents.  Unless it’s East wind an then it s hard to imagine sun.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic