Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discobs 2020

George BM

8 hours ago, snowfan said:

So the 18z GFS keeps most of us dry til late wednesday now?

The tropical low is going to miss east, and high pressure from eastern Canada will have an opening to build southward down the east coast. With that, the upper low will dig and cutoff well west. The good rains will be in the mountains south and west of our region. SW burbs of DC have the best chance in the metro area of seeing some decent rain this week, while places further north and east, like my yard, its gonna be paltry.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The tropical low is going to miss east, and high pressure from eastern Canada will have an opening to build southward down the east coast. With that, the upper low will dig and cutoff well west. The good rains will be in the mountains south and west of our region. SW burbs of DC have the best chance in the metro area of seeing some decent rain this week, while places further north and east, like my yard, its gonna be paltry.

Don't forget places immediately to your east and southeast like VA beach, the lower Virginia peninsula and Delaware getting into Arthur's rains as well. :P

1 minute ago, George BM said:

Don't forget places immediately to your east and southeast like VA beach, the lower Virginia peninsula and Delaware getting into Arthur's rains as well. :P

Yeah SBY - OC MD up to SE NJ may get a few hours of decent rain. Its gonna be close though, as it appears that it will be turning more eastward as it moves north.

Maybe I can get a random shower on the western fringe lol.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Rainfall contest  still on? :yikes:

Looks bone  dry through Thursday here. Only shot at rain looks to be Friday when what's left of the ull circulation finally lifts ne and throws some showers or drizzle our way .( Northeast Md pummeled ) ..........

with sprinkles 

I'll take dry vs drizzle for a week if I'm not tracking a 3-6" rain event . What looked very interesting a couple days ago on guidance has went poof .

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Rainfall contest  still on? :yikes:

Looks bone  dry through Thursday here. Only shot at rain looks to be Friday when what's left of the ull circulation finally lifts ne and throws some showers or drizzle our way .( Northeast Md pummeled ) ..........

with sprinkles 

I'll take dry vs drizzle for a week if I'm not tracking a 3-6" rain event . What looked very interesting a couple days ago on guidance has went poof .

Who's idea was that?  He's a clown.

:whistle:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

6z Euro visibility actually suggests some sun tomorrow thru Wed:)

ecmwf-deterministic-ma-vsby_mi-9911200.png

Well if that's the case, then sunny with diarrhea easterly flow. At least its better than cloudy and damp, and as a bonus the temperatures might overperform during the day and it doesn't turn out so bad after all.

• Like 1

While I only picked up 0.04, JUST  (like within 2 miles) north and then north from there 2-5 inches fell in a 3 to 4 hour period yesterday evening. Storms just kept back building right on I-64 and pushing north. Northern Alleghany, Bath and western Rockbridge counties got hammered. Several mudslides, a couple road washouts and flooded buildings.

39 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Ummmm, BTW, I'll gladly take the 60's and drizzle if no one else wants it. We will have PLENTY of heat and humidity to spread and sadly share shortly......

I am totally down with an E to NE flow all week, with temps in the 60s. Even though there are showers in the forecast here for every period, it clearly wont be raining most of the time, and there should be some sunny periods as well. I'll take this while I can get it. We have had some days in the 70s and low 80s too, and the inevitable heat and humidity bath is coming, and when it does, it wont be leaving anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I believe Mersky gave me the weenie icon for posting that good rains would be tough to come by up here:PNot an ideal May week but I’ll take it over 3-4 days of showery weather 

That's his only response to any post. Its actually better that way.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic