Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

11 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Do you live in the snowshoe area??

I split my time in Snowshoe and in Arlington.  My day job is a Firefighter, and with my schedule, I am able to live in Snowshoe part-time.  I also have a rental that I manage here as well.  The drive is 4 hours but it's worth it to get my 'snow fix'.  Plus, summer here is amazing.  Usually 75 with a nice breeze....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

I split my time in Snowshoe and in Arlington.  My day job is a Firefighter, and with my schedule, I am able to live in Snowshoe part-time.  I also have a rental that I manage here as well.  The drive is 4 hours but it's worth it to get my 'snow fix'.  Plus, summer here is amazing.  Usually 75 with a nice breeze....

Awesome, good hiking and mountain biking there in the summer?

1 hour ago, Potvinsux said:

You all do 24/48 in Arlington?

2 hours ago, Potvinsux said:

Love the summers up that way. Lived in Mace for a summer and honestly i don’t think we hit 80 that summer and it was brutal in DC (2012). Got lost hiking one day near Spruce/Cheat Bridge in a massive storm and ended up bushwhacking through the wilderness (at night) 18-20 miles back to Mace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Friday is looking spectacular - mostly sunny and low 80s.  Definitely going to work a half day so I can get outside and enjoy an early start to the weekend.

Looking forward to it.  Haven't seen my parents in Calvert since February, so we're going to visit outside spaced apart in their huge yard.

A chilly 54 here at 1 PM.  So glad today is the last day of winter finally.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Looking into next week we could see some 90s. 

There certainly does seem to be some agreement on a strong eastern ridge for the 2nd half of next week with some July-like 850mb temps.    For the early part of next week, I don't seeing the eastern trough with associated backdoor cold front being shown by several models today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, high risk said:

There certainly does seem to be some agreement on a strong eastern ridge for the 2nd half of next week with some July-like 850mb temps.    For the early part of next week, I don't seeing the eastern trough with associated backdoor cold front being shown by several models today.

I dunno... 12z GFS 2mT would suggest that the BDCF is somewhere nearby early next week

ETA:  did you forget the word like? 

Ended up with over 6 inches of rain today. This is very very highly unusual for central TX. Yearly total is now nearly 19 inches, in a climo that struggles to hit 30 inches in one year. It was very surreal today as I tried to complete chores down here on the mini farm of sorts, and the rain was just getting too damn heavy lmao!

8 hours ago, high risk said:

Yep, east will flip from unusual chill, over to some warmth. TX will get pretty hot too. We might even get more rain Saturday, but far more likely to see high 80s with 69 dewpoints and sun.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

A decent coastal signal starting to show up on Gefs and Eps  ensembles for early next  week . And some indications of a low cutting off .

Gefs 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/products/gefsplots/F138.html

Yeah. My point and click now has more of the same after a couple warm days. Low 60's and shi**y starting Saturday and lasting most of next week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic