Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

9 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

@losetoa6 we got the cold but the storm just didn’t amplify enough to really get the banding going we needed on the back side. 

It was a wave running along a cold front and it tracked right over us. The coastal popped and strengthened too far NE. In that scenario there is no banding in this area, and the cold comes in behind the frontal precip every time. Sure if some earlier runs of the GFS were correct and the front/wave and coastal low were further SE, it may have been different. But you knew that wasn't going to happen. Not in May. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Freezing temps this weekend and perhaps near 90 for some spots next weekend. Sounds about right. 

Yep, enjoy the cold , once departed might be very warm until mid October, wondering about the implications of a Nina, would be interesting in the backdrop of an eventual -NAO winter and delayed onset of the effects from the solar min.  

Like to see some big changes in the Pac leading up to winter. However, feels great out there this AM. Went to get bagels and coffee and the temp was 35 degrees. Amazing !!!   

13 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

We tend to do REAL well with cold chasing precip. 

I'm guessing the Carroll county folks were tracking it for some splatty wet flakes on the tail end, which is usually all that ever happens with these set ups in the heart of winter lol.

When I lived up there, the only notable May "winterish" event I recall was a graupel shower with an unseasonably strong cold front.

• Like 1

I wanna live in a place where the only months it really can't snow are June-August, and 90 degrees is rare.

Already love Canaan and the Davis-Thomas area. I can actually retire from my teaching job this year, with a nice pension. Just need some part time work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frd said:

Yep, enjoy the cold , once departed might be very warm until mid October, wondering about the implications of a Nina, would be interesting in the backdrop of an eventual -NAO winter and delayed onset of the effects from the solar min.  

Like to see some big changes in the Pac leading up to winter. However, feels great out there this AM. Went to get bagels and coffee and the temp was 35 degrees. Amazing !!!   

You just said a bad word (nina)...Don't tell me they think we'll get one this winter

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic