Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

19 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, the rain has stopped, just windy, damp and 46.3 degrees now. I'll have to take a look at records to see if I am in line for a 'cool max' temp. High was the 7 am reading of 49.8, been falling since.

EDIT- well if it doesn't go up then I will, but barely. Current 'cool max' was set in 2016 at 50.2 degrees, that broke 2003's 52.0. We shall see......

Nope, stayed below 50 degrees all day and night with a chilly  E to SE wind. Then the wind swung around to the west about 3 am and I warmed to 51.5 degrees. Still a 2nd place for coolest max for the date. Currently 49.4/44.3 and cloudy again after seeing a few peaks of sun earlier with a WNW wind 6/17.

8 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

1589014800-Ld8bjETqh54.png

fringed. time to travel down to Cville to chase.

3 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6z GFS holds its southern track.   Will be interesting to see if the models meet in the middle or if GFS caves altogether.

D7BED774-762E-410B-B130-082CA1CCD826.png

both of these suck. where was this jackpot in December? f-this mess.

13 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Nobody need to fret the nonsensical GFS.  6z was still party mode. 12z will be the hangover run where it wakes up, takes a couple Motrin, wonders how it got in bed with the WRF, and spits out a sensible run

GFS has splits the vortex in Quebec and has a lobe over Maine.   Thats what's keeping everything suppressed.

6 minutes ago, Amped said:

GFS has splits the vortex in Quebec and has a lobe over Maine.   Thats what's keeping everything suppressed.

Indeed.  No other reliable model does that I believe.  It would be a very cool thing to say we lived during a historic May set up.  For that alone it’s worth watching 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Indeed.  No other reliable model does that I believe.  It would be a very cool thing to say we lived during a historic May set up.  For that alone it’s worth watching 

ICON and RGEM also really amped up. I think this will be like every other thing I thought was worth watching this year, it will burn my eyes, and the GFS will prove itself a joke.

7 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

Talking about today.....actually not to bad here around FXBG, sun peeking out occasionally and temp around 60-61. Feels nice outside

You might as well be posting from a different planet compared to what we are seeing in Balt City. The clouds here are about four feet off the deck and it is raining and cold/miserable.

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You might as well be posting from a different planet compared to what we are seeing in Balt City. The clouds here are about four feet off the deck and it is raining and cold/miserable.

Dang, yeah very different here. Working in yard with the sun, it actually is pretty warm.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I’m not qualified to say but have to speculate how easy the fix will be. Somehow it took the old gfs cold bias and put it on hyperdrive. Wonder how far away a “fix” is. 

Yeah it is pretty consistent with it too. Seems to mess up the stream interactions and what specific vorticity impulses to key on. In the end, way late, it corrects. It pretty much got there at 12z today. Looking  more like the rest of the guidance.

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it is pretty consistent with it too. Seems to mess up the stream interactions and what specific vorticity impulses to key on. In the end, way late, it corrects. It pretty much got there at 12z today. Looking  more like the rest of the guidance.

If the temperature bias is pronounced enough that would throw off everything else. 

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest Euro keeps possibility alive imo for seeing May flakes in the n+w burbs.  Came in a bit colder at 850 and at the surface with ample moisture still overhead.  Love to see a incredibly anomalous May trash can whitner :weenie: here.

It would be wild to go from snow to like mid 80s in 10 days.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Wasn’t there some site that had the euro for free? 

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Weather.us

Also Pivotal Weather. Though recently skew-t soundings went behind a paywall. But there is a lot more free Euro data on Pivotal than any other free ECMWF site that I personally know of.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic