• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

Morning AFD from Mt Holly on the overnight storms. Pretty much what I thought.

Things became interesting as convection moved into Delmarva during the late evening, with ambient shear supporting organization of the storms as they developed a fairly strong cold pool (evidenced by a broadening region of precipitation upstream of the stronger storms). One segment of the leading line of the mesoscale convective system accelerated through Sussex County, with a strong rear inflow jet and mid-altitude radial convergence signature preceding severe surface wind gusts in the Dewey Beach area (a 66 mph wind gust just after midnight). Meanwhile, the storms also began to train, as expected the past couple of nights, as the storms aligned along midlevel zonal flow and a residual decaying boundary across far southern portions of the CWA. As a result, widespread 0.5-1.5 inch rainfall amounts occurred generally south of a line from Stevensville to Dover to Wildwood, with locally higher totals exceeding 2 inches in the Millsboro area.

8 hours ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

What seemed to be a positive strike here about 20 mins ago in Fulton, incredibly deep and groundshaking thunder. Truly awesome 

I was wondering about that.  The thunder seemed to really roll and shake.  Kept me awake until after midnight.  I figured either positive strike or maybe an atmospheric duct that kept the sound going and traveling far.  Ended up with over 0.5".  

Now see, this really makes me mad. And makes me worry about this being a new normal. All the consecutive Springs we've seen this happen over and over (albeit maybe not quite this late) worries me...What are the odds that it just can't -EPO, -NAO, or -AO in the winter months anymore for whatever reason?

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is a list of canned products available online? Might have to make a day trip.

I think my wife updates what is for sale on Facebook (not sure though).

But since the pub isn't open we pretty much can a good amount of every beer we have until it runs out.  We will be canning Holy Citra!, Big Boy Pants, Multiple Hopgasms, Sassy Mojo, Cave Dweller, Bewildered Hippie this week for sure (a couple of those might not be available for our Wednesday sale, but certainly by Saturday).  We'll have a little bit of our fruited kettle sours (Smooth Eez -- we have a blackberry/cranberry and a blueberry strawberry) but those have been real popular and I think we're down to our last keg or so of each so those may be gone.  We also have some cans of our Big Barrel Pants (pale ale aged in Buffalo Trace barrels) and maybe even some of our Victor Trace (Russian Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels -- although those might not quite make this week's list).

We're hoping we'll be open in a few weeks, not much Covid out here.  But I imagine we will keep canning like we are now as we anticipate a huge amount of take out orders even when the pub is technically back open.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think my wife updates what is for sale on Facebook (not sure though).

But since the pub isn't open we pretty much can a good amount of every beer we have until it runs out.  We will be canning Holy Citra!, Big Boy Pants, Multiple Hopgasms, Sassy Mojo, Cave Dweller, Bewildered Hippie this week for sure (a couple of those might not be available for our Wednesday sale, but certainly by Saturday).  We'll have a little bit of our fruited kettle sours (Smooth Eez -- we have a blackberry/cranberry and a blueberry strawberry) but those have been real popular and I think we're down to our last keg or so of each so those may be gone.  We also have some cans of our Big Barrel Pants (pale ale aged in Buffalo Trace barrels) and maybe even some of our Victor Trace (Russian Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels -- although those might not quite make this week's list).

We're hoping we'll be open in a few weeks, not much Covid out here.  But I imagine we will keep canning like we are now as we anticipate a huge amount of take out orders even when the pub is technically back open.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. We can’t get up there before Saturday so I’ll have my gf check out the Facebook page. Hopefully there will be some sours left.

Obligatory obs post. Windy

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. We can’t get up there before Saturday so I’ll have my gf check out the Facebook page. Hopefully there will be some sours left.

Obligatory obs post. Windy

Looks like we have snow chances on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So if you come, dress warmly.

We probably won't have the sours in cans left, but should have some still available for growler fills.  So consider bringing a growler in case you want something that is not on the can list.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Looks like we have snow chances on both Wednesday and Saturday.  So if you come, dress warmly.

We probably won't have the sours in cans left, but should have some still available for growler fills.  So consider bringing a growler in case you want something that is not on the can list.

Snow chances make the trip all the more likely. And thanks for the growler tip. We have a bunch of empties here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic