Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2020

George BM

• H2O pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Its beyond frustrating at this point. Need some sun and some drying days.

It was sunny and dry all day here yesterday until late afternoon. Ofc the wind was blowing 55 mph and tree crap was flying all over the place..

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

It was sunny and dry all day here yesterday until late afternoon. Ofc the wind was blowing 55 mph and tree crap was flying all over the place..

Yeah, that wasn't us. We haven't had consecutive sunny dry days here in it seems like forever. I need my ground to stop being spongy...

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Yeah, that wasn't us. We haven't had consecutive sunny dry days in it seems like forever. I need my ground to stop being spongy...

By the time the rain finally made it here, it got picked up by that southern wave and was in and out of here quick. Rained pretty hard but only lasted 3 hours. Still picked up 0.85", and that was plenty.

Hopefully tomorrow delivers. Looks like the potential for a perfect early May day. Then maybe again on Monday.

42 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

By the time the rain finally made it here, it got picked up by that southern wave and was in and out of here quick. Rained pretty hard but only lasted 3 hours. Still picked up 0.85", and that was plenty.

Hopefully tomorrow delivers. Looks like the potential for a perfect early May day. Then maybe again on Monday.

Yeah, counting on it. We are planting our flowers in the planters tomorrow - and this will be the first time planting since my wife's mother passed away last June and her gardens were always awesome and we are doing this tomorrow with her in mind. So, yeah, dry and sunny would be nice from a personal standpoint for me and Jen.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

LOL at the 6-10 day outlook.  Well at least we are hopefully looking good for tomorrow and Monday.  Like others, I want stretch of dry so I can plant my garden.

image.png.db8481566ec4c1dfd6c5b91f97eb2295.png

Wtf was this in December, January,February lol

33 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

LOL at the 6-10 day outlook.  Well at least we are hopefully looking good for tomorrow and Monday.  Like others, I want stretch of dry so I can plant my garden.

I think my seasonal depression is setting in now (vs February).  Just give me a week of sunny, warm weather and I’ll snap back out of it.  

Tomorrow looks stellar at least.

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL, how’s Sunday looking now?

You simply can’t trust a dry forecast if it’s more than about 36 hours away right now.

I’d take the 18z NAM. Warm if cloudy day with maybe a passing shower and then a rocking MCS after dark.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

12z Euro 850 temp anomalies are 5 to 15 degrees below normal Days 8 to 10... nice :axe:

12z EPS even colder... -10 to -15 850 temp anomalies day 6 to day 10

12z EPS mean... looks like it could get frosty some nights if right

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.thumb.png.db68d51512e5f05ed43edc5d6b504e8a.png

1 hour ago, yoda said:

12z Euro 850 temp anomalies are 5 to 15 degrees below normal Days 8 to 10... nice :axe:

12z EPS mean even colder... -10 to -15 850 temp anomalies day 6 to day 10

Yes but take a look at the absurd Greenland blocking. Where was this all winter? This kind of pattern would ruin next winter too. You can be sure.

8 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Looking at the EPS/Euro data reinforces the @mappy rule of not planting sensitive plants out before May 15th.

It’s not my rule per say just a good guide. Mother’s Day weekend is usually when I put plants in the ground because we still tend to get chilly mornings up until then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlizzardNole said:

Can't wait to retire in 9 years and move away from this climate hellhole. 

Yea this is pretty much the worst climo spot in the country across the board for weather lovers.

52 degrees and heavy dew this AM.  Really looking forward to some sustained warmer weather.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic