Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another .02 overnight giving us .11 since Mayorch 15. Disaster for New England looming. Of course compared to what’s going on in other parts of the country, not so bad .

Disaster? Are you serious when you post this crap or just looking for a  rise?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

We had 25 dug well at my old house, water was perfect as we lived in a sandy soil area. Came in handy during power loss as we could use the hand bucket for water

Our dug well has just 2 tubs but sits atop a spring.  Normally the water rises a foot into the upper tub and since one foot = about 100 gallons, that's a 500-gallon reserve though no more than 450 would be available.  In autumn 2001 the level was down 2' from the norm but it's not gone lower than that.  As noted above it's groundwater, spring and all, and we just had to update the filtration system. 

Two weeks after setting out the Stratus for the season, it finally got wet, 0.03" which didn't even settle the dust.  Yesterday's 84/66 not only set a new mark for May minima (by 4°) but the mean of 75 also is May's warmest here.  About a 50-50 chance it will be the year's warmest as well, going only by past records.  Unless we get a surprise today or tomorrow, this will be the 3rd year of 23 in which we reached June w/o hearing thunder.

why do people say heavy downpour?

Probably for the same reason you posted "light downpour."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lava Rock said:
12 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:
Waited all day to see if we would get at least a shower.  An hour ago it looked like the line would make it to me.  Got so close.  Got about a 30 second rain shower, not quite enough to wet the deck.  I really wanted just .05" or so to wet the leaves and wash the pollen off everything.  Models were good at showing where the showers would get to. Still a chance with some echoes to the west but not expecting much.  Bedtime... Next.....

This will play out most of the summer like this. See it here nearly every year for last 7 yrs.

Well I got my .05" with a shower later in the evening....

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ll take the 80s any day of the week.

Yeah I’m enjoying the variety.  That was a nice stretch of high heat for sure.  Now we chill off for a couple days.  It’ll be back.  Big fan of highly changing weather, right down to my diurnal range fetish.  

• Like 1