Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

59 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

A 15' well sounds like a dug well rather than a drilled well. At 15' you are just getting groundwater.

We had 25 dug well at my old house, water was perfect as we lived in a sandy soil area. Came in handy during power loss as we could use the hand bucket for water

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Went to pick up some take out over in Spencer MA (Black & White Grill).  So much more comfortable there just 25 minutes drive away

Sitting outside and it actually feels cold. It's funny how quickly your body adjusts to summer temperatures.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some incredibly impressive lightning.  Several bolts seen going straight to the ground on the horizon with some real house shakers.

Short duration rain was impressive even if the totals aren’t... but a good soaking of a 1/3rd of an inch so far.

Yikes I just looked at the radar. Vermont is rocking.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yikes I just looked at the radar. Vermont is rocking.

Not much wind except a little gust front at the beginning, but it was a legit TS with frequent lightning.  Moving too fast to drop a lot of rain it seems (those 1"+ amounts), though any random spot can sometime get lit up in humid convection.  PWATS several standard deviations above normal for late-May, giving a widespread 0.3-0.6" in a very short period of time despite the speed.

Waited all day to see if we would get at least a shower.  An hour ago it looked like the line would make it to me.  Got so close.  Got about a 30 second rain shower, not quite enough to wet the deck.  I really wanted just .05" or so to wet the leaves and wash the pollen off everything.  Models were good at showing where the showers would get to. Still a chance with some echoes to the west but not expecting much.  Bedtime... Next.....

Waited all day to see if we would get at least a shower.  An hour ago it looked like the line would make it to me.  Got so close.  Got about a 30 second rain shower, not quite enough to wet the deck.  I really wanted just .05" or so to wet the leaves and wash the pollen off everything.  Models were good at showing where the showers would get to. Still a chance with some echoes to the west but not expecting much.  Bedtime... Next.....
This will play out most of the summer like this. See it here nearly every year for last 7 yrs.