Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Records just smashing as the dew crew celebrates 

Remember when you busted my balls because I pointed out how NMASS was going to get 2 feet and why did I care? Why do you care what Boston gets when you are in the low 70s

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Didn't see this posted...

25th Anniversary of the Great Barrington Tornado page by BOX

https://www.weather.gov/aly/25th_Anniversary_Great_Barrington_Tornado

Crazy the damage while that hillside behind it is just chillin like its a normal day...looks like some damage right side hill though.

Grt_Barrgtn_-_Fairgrounds%5B1%5D.jpg

My summer camp, Camp Eisner, is directly behind the fairgrounds. A few bunks in that hill blew away. That scar was on that mountain for years. Was fun hiking in the tornado zone, was surreal.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How far are wells drilled up there anyway? Just curious if we ever buy property. I’ve seen some as shallow as like 15 feet around here.

I'm by no means a well expert but I've seen them be as shallow as yours and I've seen over 200'.  Growing up we actually had a spring that was 4' maybe.  It went dry one summer 1982 or 83, I can't remember.  It sucks not having water though.

12 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Me and my girlfriend  brought our kid down to umass today to run around and go to the duck pond... how people like this weather is beyond me..  we were soaked by the time we left!

Just worked up a great sweat on my walk-feeling good!   Hope it lasts.  Showers ftw.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How far are wells drilled up there anyway? Just curious if we ever buy property. I’ve seen some as shallow as like 15 feet around here.

Most of the artesians on my street are around 250’. It kinda depends on elevation and how deep you have to go to hit a vein. 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I'm by no means a well expert but I've seen them be as shallow as yours and I've seen over 200'.  Growing up we actually had a spring that was 4' maybe.  It went dry one summer 1982 or 83, I can't remember.  It sucks not having water though.

1 hour ago, monadnocks said:

I think ours is 800 feet deep.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Seems a bit shallow, unless you using it for something other then potable water.,

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/07/27/prwellgd.pdf

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most of the artesians on my street are around 250’. It kinda depends on elevation and how deep you have to go to hit a vein. 

Yeah mine is 180’. And I think your right about that Bob... something that shallow isn’t servicing a home as a primary water supply.

Can a well be temporarily artesian? In the spring for like 6-8 weeks or neighbors we’ll head has water constantly leaking out of it, but then it stops around this time and doesn’t do it again. Almost like the water table gets so high in the spring it’s turning artesian