Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

These aren’t even uber 850 temps either. Must be good mixing. 

idk...19-20C is pretty impressive up there. Seems pretty supportive of the widespread 90-95F temps.

Kinda funny to see 20C 850s up in NNE and only 12C over NJ.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...19-20C is pretty impressive up there. Seems pretty supportive of the widespread 90-95F temps.

Kinda funny to see 20C 850s up in NNE and only 12C over NJ.

I saw near 18C? Maybe there were pockets higher. Still, we see 20C tickle NNE and temps there don’t reflect it. Usually because there is a front coming in clouds or Something  else. What stations broke all time temp records ever?

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah agreed...

NASA was founded by/for a set of virtues after the mid century space race only made it look like that was happening - but that was a farce and facade that masked one of the three real faces of the Cold War.  Those being, nuclear stock-piling, the Cuban Missile Crises, and the Afghan conflict with the Soviets ( which led inexorably to the Taliban if one knows their world history...) 

For a few decades, it was then operated by principled idea of space/science exploration .. slowly eroding ... pretty much no longer exists. They've arrived to a scenario where circumstances ( less economic appropriations ) means they either severely limit the operation down to irrelevancy ... or, partner with privatization - enters Elan Musk.  ....and in 40 ..50, 60 years ( if perhaps optimistic...) we can work it out so that these seeds grow a reality that really is like "Ellysium"'s orbiting ring-world of utopia for the wealthiest ...and the other 99% lives below with half the life expectancy on a diet of dead cats and sewer water on a planet that roasts in GW and the stench of countless extinct species... Oh, and these rat "landers" are still conned into voting for Trumps -

Speculation is so much fun ...

Real space science is now lost on Americans and probably the rest of western civility ...a latter distinction that is blurred anyway. Industry is dumbing-down mankind, pacifying the species  with easier access to living, lost urgency ... a confederacy of idiots. 

It's what happens...  Lost humility in desperate times leads to positive inventions, both social and physical, because there is need to make life better for all, utilizing both ... Society succeeds in doing so, life gets easier... apathy takes over across successive generations... and sloth and decay take over once again.

It's happened in every civility since the beginning of... Cyclic -  ... 

Now this may seem heavy-handed with moral this and that, but, ...I don't like the privatization of cutting edge technology - that usually doesn't end well for the provincials ;)

What !?!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw near 18C? Maybe there were pockets higher. Still, we see 20C tickle NNE and temps there don’t reflect it. Usually because there is a front coming in clouds or Something  else. What stations broke all time temp records ever?

The lower period of record ASOS sites looked to have done it.   SLK and BML I think were hottest recorded no matter what month.  MVL might have done it too.

Around here, BTV, MVL, and MPV were highest May temps recorded, but MPV/BTV have much larger period of records than MVL.

Locally here at MVL the 93F is the highest temperature I can find manually looking through the F6 monthlies but I certainly might have missed it, I can't search them on NOWData though.  It hit 92F on five different occasions during the torch 2018 summer (also the summer that Mansfield hit 84F three times), but I can't find anything more than 92F so far. 

I also haven't checked IZG in Maine but would have to imagine that 96F today breaks some records there.... that has to be in play for some bigger records since that ASOS has been in there.

But I generally agree with you @CoastalWx, it seems everything was a bit jacked up today relative to the progs.  I don't think the 850s are all *that* crazy.  It was always going to be a NNE torch vs. SNE, but I didn't see any 2-M guidance showing widespread 91-97F type stuff for N.NY/N.VT/N.NH/W.ME. 

Even the spots that never ever seem to hit 90F in the summer in the deep NEK of VT like Gallup Mills and Island Pond (both at like 1,300ft in the middle of no where) were pulling 92s and 93s for a while this afternoon.  Island Pond saw 5 hours of 90+.  Those spots have seen frosts in like July and August, its a cold climate to be solidly into the 90s.

Those are high end values for any time of year, May or not.

I wonder if the vegetation just exploding in the past week (vs. deep summer green) and the zero rainfall in the past 10-12 days played into it? 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The lower period of record ASOS sites looked to have done it.   SLK and BML I think were hottest recorded no matter what month.  MVL might have done it too.

Around here, BTV, MVL, and MPV were highest May temps recorded, but MPV/BTV have much larger period of records than MVL.

Locally here at MVL the 93F is the highest temperature I can find manually looking through the F6 monthlies but I certainly might have missed it, I can't search them on NOWData though.  It hit 92F on five different occasions during the torch 2018 summer (also the summer that Mansfield hit 84F three times), but I can't find anything more than 92F so far. 

MVL hit 97F on 7/10/88. 

More recently, they hit 95F on 6/10/08 and 94F on 7/21/11. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha sweet, thanks.  Those are big numbers.  I can't find the MVL numbers on BTV's site except for the monthy forms that went back only so far.

I was surprised at the 6/10/08 number. That’s big for up there that early.

I remember that day...had a macroburst come through ORH late evening around 9-10pm. Gusted to about 70mph. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I also haven't checked IZG in Maine but would have to imagine that 96F today breaks some records there.... that has to be in play for some bigger records since that ASOS has been in there.

But I generally agree with you @CoastalWx, it seems everything was a bit jacked up today relative to the progs.  I don't think the 850s are all *that* crazy.  It was always going to be a NNE torch vs. SNE, but I didn't see any 2-M guidance showing widespread 91-97F type stuff for N.NY/N.VT/N.NH/W.ME. 

Even the spots that never ever seem to hit 90F in the summer in the deep NEK of VT like Gallup Mills and Island Pond (both at like 1,300ft in the middle of no where) were pulling 92s and 93s for a while this afternoon.  Island Pond saw 5 hours of 90+.  Those spots have seen frosts in like July and August, its a cold climate to be solidly into the 90s.

I wonder if the vegetation just exploding in the past week (vs. deep summer green) and the zero rainfall in the past 10-12 days played into it? 

IZG is a sneaky torch spot.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It all plays into it, but I still disagree about the 850s. 18-20C is impressive any time of year and results in mid 90s in SNE as well. 18-20C doesn't grow on trees up there. Heck the 12z Euro had 21C around Sherbrooke this afternoon.

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020052712_9_476_308.png

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It all plays into it, but I still disagree about the 850s. 18-20C is impressive any time of year and results in mid 90s in SNE as well. 18-20C doesn't grow on trees up there. Heck the 12z Euro had 21C around Sherbrooke this afternoon.

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020052712_9_476_308.png

image.png

I saw 18c on 00z euro last night. Nothing screamed all time to me on that prog.