Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I always find it funny the folks that try to rationalize why they don’t install. Always excuses and then they lay awake half the night waking in sweat with the sheets stuck to them and thinking to themselves they should have installed. I just don’t get it. Install the AC. What’s the issue 

Another year or so until we invest in central air. Until then, portable units is the way. No need to struggle stuffing big clunky heavy boxes into windows and spending so much time and energy sealing it. I roll mine out of storage and have AC on in 30 seconds.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

? That’s right you had 12 to 18 inches of pollen. My bad I thought you lived in New England. Haven’t seen any pollen since the rain Saturday . In my 63 years of living I have never had pollen painted anything inside.

If you have a box fan in your window tonight with the amount of pollen and no rain in 11 days , you’ll be able to teach the grandkids how to write the alphabet on the dresser in the morning 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Another year or so until we invest in central air. Until then, portable units is the way. No need to struggle stuffing big clunky heavy boxes into windows and spending so much time and energy sealing it. I roll mine out of storage and have AC on in 30 seconds.

At some point we will too. Not quite there yet

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

That 91F at BML ties their warmest May temperature since METAR/ASOS took over in 1996.

Mansfield's 79F max temp ties the warmest May temperature there as well.  Though the other one occurred almost two weeks earlier in the month on May 14, 1961.

The minimum temperature of 57F in the last 24 hours is the same as the normal high temperature for the date.

BTV's 92F just missed their warmest May temperature on record by one degree as the May record is 93F, set just a couple years ago in 2017.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a degree or so warmer, wonder if these spots can set their May records that were tied today.

Toasty up high and the fast melt continues with these record/near record max temps for the month of May.

Talk about whiplash.... the first two weeks of May were one of the coldest starts to the month on record, with multiple snow events even down to the NNE valleys.  Now we are seeing some of the warmest temps the month of May can produce in these parts.  Bi-polar weather.

99138499_10104193865781220_8653741502322

99374872_10104193865731320_5577375248468

100655263_10104193865656470_765873909901

• Like 4

That time of year in Maine, I’m sitting at 73 while Casco bay islands hover in low 50’s. Forecast high is 93 tomorrow while 25 miles away in Portland it’s not forecasted to hit 70. Marine influence is real in spring. I used to work offshore in Muscongus Bay and remember summer not really starting on the coast till late June. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you have a box fan in your window tonight with the amount of pollen and no rain in 11 days , you’ll be able to teach the grandkids how to write the alphabet on the dresser in the morning 

Who had 11 days without rain, drunk?

39 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Portable here too

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t understand why people wear the suffering like a badge of honor. I’d rather turn on the AC and be comfortable. 

My dog and I also have terrible allergies 

I am sitting in my house suffering with natural fresh cool air wafting through the house. Its brutal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

83.6F for the high here.  Down to 69 now.  

Ceiling fan will suffice for tonight. 

Yeah cooled off nicely.  Already 21F lower than a few hours ago.  

68F and windows and doors open.  Screen sliders in the living room, dining room and bedroom cool it off real fast.

Its not a badge of honor but it’s useless to use the AC when inside temps dip into the 60s anyway.