Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Excuse the petty boasting look of it … but, I did warn y’all that this would happen for today .. although I admit I didn’t think it would even be this pervasive. I was a little bit under sold on it.  I thought it be strata in marine mist jammed up against the ORH hills/eastern mass but this really kind of filled in and turned into a larger synoptic butt bang. 

This is all happening because that high retreated east in that SE. It’s halfway to England and it’s reaching a tentacle e winds back all the way. Heh

there’s also some high clouds Fanning over the top now left over from mcs

Turning into a nice day.  You suck.  :P

Weather plays reality games it sometimes seems ... interesting.  Today is behaving just like a warm frontal passage.  Cloudy and raw morning with sporadic drizzle in still wind, ...slowly dries under lifting ceilings that finally erode enough for splashed sun... Meanwhile, temps risen under your nose...It was 51 and wet at sun up..now, 68. Happened to notice some brightening..step outside, different world than just two hours ago.  Next thing you know, 83/64 on the door step ...eastern NY deck and driveway obs, and the rest of the region tomorrow.  We may  make 70 with DPs nearing 60 later this afternoon.  The Euro actually hinted at an amorphous warm boundary yesterday ...shoot I forgot that.  yeah

But you look at the surface weather obs and there is no warm front being analyzed anywhere around -  it does this in the winter with cold acceleration too.

It's like there's a sub-defined ... like "pre frontogenesis" of warm/cool fronts coming thru ... perhaps just not recognized parametrically by Met science ...  

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Turning into a nice day.  You suck.  :P

Yeah...it is improving...

I was just musing how this seems almost warm frontal in the way it's protractedly taking its own sweet ass time calving the clouds open and bouncing the temps...but it is doing so. The long sun arc of late May helps, too.  But vis does show dark regions opening and also there is a discerned ... more S to N trend to the general motion...so it's all a process to an end that features 3 days of 80 to 85 with 66 F DPs beginning tomorrow.

The Euro 'hinted' at a warm frontal look yesterday ...what's interesting is that the WPC has a warm from over western NY/PA...but I got to think it's really smearing in reality. Lots of backyard 79/61's in SE and eastern NY already

Mostly cloudy here today with showers of black flies.  Sun popped out about 11:30 and we figured the clouds were on the way out but was not to be.  Sun has tried about a dozen times since but never more than 2-3 minutes.  Low-mid 60s so nice working conditions despite the blood donations.

SW zephyr direction with leaves on trees flipping over toward the NE ... sun out in splashed...temp bounced to 71 with Bermuda blue patches in all directions...

at 10 am it was 54 with drizzle and utterly boundless opacity for ceilings.

Saved -

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

SW zephyr direction with leaves on trees flipping over toward the NE ... sun out in splashed...temp bounced to 71 with Bermuda blue patches in all directions...

at 10 am it was 54 with drizzle and utterly boundless opacity for ceilings.

Saved -

63/57 and still cloudy here at the NH border in Methuen.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

63/57 and still cloudy here at the NH border in Methuen.

NE Mass is packed in ... If you hopped in the car and screwed down 495 you'd hit abruptly brighter skies at  I-93 ... and the temp probably pops 70.  70 and rising here and it was 64 and hour ago, and 59 or so an hour before that...

• Like 1

Don't under estimate our force field.  Those showers didn't stand a chance against San Diego weather. 
Nothing but sun right now still.  Looks like filtered sunshine immediately to the south though.
Nothing but CLR skis and a nice day for another hike.
Untitled.jpg.8a608586f9aecb8cd4f8a4db3c12e8b8.jpg
current.thumb.jpg.5771e1d90cd1c3958b1da5e48b2da3c5.jpg
Thought the mountain would have had more snow. Sugarloaf still looks tasty up top

Just now, Lava Rock said:
4 hours ago, powderfreak said:
Don't under estimate our force field.  Those showers didn't stand a chance against San Diego weather. 
Nothing but sun right now still.  Looks like filtered sunshine immediately to the south though.

Thought the mountain would have had more snow. Sugarloaf still looks tasty up top

Fake snow in VT

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The snow has taken a beating over the past 8 days of full sun and pretty much constant highs of 70F and lows of 50F on hill.  

The valley has cooled off a lot at night but the high ground has stayed up there.  

Stake has lost 6” per day since last week... a foot gone every two days.  

Anything out in the open to sunlight has gotten pretty torched.  Need to get in the woods where it’s still deep in the pines. 

9D295F6D-E600-4A8F-80FB-F6ACA7FC9DB5.jpeg.a31bf9a89548bb155b128ae355946bd0.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Fake snow in VT

It might have been warmer at the MMNV1picnic tables this week than ORH.  Maybe I’ll crunch the numbers later.  

Been telling you guys how hot it’s been, lol.  Might end up losing 3-4 feet in 7 days with full sunshine.  That sun this time of year means business.

Yeah going back to the 18th (not including today yet)... this is the average temperature for ORH and Mt Mansfield Summit:

MMNV1... 57.7F

ORH... 56.8F

Today will probably be another day too that averages warmer at 4,000ft with a max/min so far of 66/52 at the summit and 64/48 at ORH.

It's been warm up here when the 4,000ft picnic tables have a mean temperature almost a full degree higher than ORH.  If I've seen anything over the last week, it's that snowpack does not like weekly average temperatures nearing 60F...departures of like +11/+14/+17 type stuff.

52 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Guess which trails have first snowmaking at SR

0F3ACB64-A075-4A64-95CD-E9F80E204AB9.jpeg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Looks like we cool way down in the extended.. some hot humid days coming but will be inside with the a/c set at 60 :)

I don’t think the people in Houston on my 600lb life even keep their ACs on 60°.

• Haha 1