Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

We are -3.0 on the month here... but 8 of last 10 days have been above normal. 

That should tell you how obscenely cold the first two weeks of May were.  Snowy May too.

Pretty crazy to have 10 days average above normal but we still have lower departures than SNE.

Surprised by clouds this morning after 6 sunny days in a row - can't recall last time we went 6-for-6.  For the 33 days 4/15 thru 5/17, 31 were BN with only 5/2-3 breaking the streak.  Yesterday's 65/29 was -8 and May to date is -3.2.  P&C has Wed-Thurs 15-20 AN which would cut that -3.2 in half, but our minima will likely undercut that forecast significantly.

Just posted a couple of pictures of me and the family dog on Mount Hale on Memorial Day 2013 - there was still close to a foot of snow at summit 1 1/2 days later. The photos at the lake are hilarious for that weekend - sleeping bags, everyone bundled up. It never changed to snow along the lake - up in Sanbornton it was a raging, wet snow storm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

More than just bands of clouds coming your way...rain fo you.

Don't under estimate our force field.  Those showers didn't stand a chance against San Diego weather. 

Nothing but sun right now still.  Looks like filtered sunshine immediately to the south though.

Nothing but CLR skis and a nice day for another hike.

Untitled.jpg.8a608586f9aecb8cd4f8a4db3c12e8b8.jpg

current.thumb.jpg.5771e1d90cd1c3958b1da5e48b2da3c5.jpg

• Like 1

Excuse the petty boasting look of it … but, I did warn y’all that this would happen for today .. although I admit I didn’t think it would even be this pervasive. I was a little bit under sold on it.  I thought it be strata in marine mist jammed up against the ORH hills/eastern mass but this really kind of filled in and turned into a larger synoptic butt bang. 

This is all happening because that high retreated east in that SE. It’s halfway to England and it’s reaching a tentacle e winds back all the way. Heh

there’s also some high clouds Fanning over the top now left over from mcs

5 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Memorial Day 2013 in VT.  I think this was at Stowe but PF can probably confirm. 

Yeah that’s Stowe. One of them is the poster “adk” who isn’t around the forum much anymore.  

I think I was in the Dominican Republic when that storm hit, ha.  Thought it would be a safe time to travel and not miss any snow.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Excuse the petty boasting look of it … but, I did warn y’all that this would happen for today .. although I admit I didn’t think it would even be this pervasive. I was a little bit under sold on it.  I thought it be strata in marine mist jammed up against the ORH hills/eastern mass but this really kind of filled in and turned into a larger synoptic butt bang. 

This is all happening because that high retreated east in that SE. It’s halfway to England and it’s reaching a tentacle e winds back all the way. Heh

there’s also some high clouds Fanning over the top now left over from mcs

Gorgeous here with partly cloudy and higher dews