Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wed/Thu should be pretty damn hot up here. S-SW flow is a downsloper for S/C NH. Of course that should keep the dews in check for us as well. So probably warmer at CON/MHT than BDL, but less humid.

We will happily take higher dews and temps Well into the 80’s over lower dews and 90+. Thank you!

This BD cool shot may max out its affect tomorrow midnight thru morning ... Dawn folk wake up in interior -east SNE to strata deck jam packing into the Worcester hills and a nasty pal to the air.

The wind is attempting to just begin the veering process so that may limit the inland spread, but you could tell ...all day over SE shore points there was fisherman's spirit ripping west .. those partially translucent strata shreds that kite west over the beaches ... you see that, you know your chokin' it at sundown and sure enough, last vis frames showed it coalesce and spread to I-95.

NAM actually has QPF at Logan from drizzle....  But here's the weird thing ..there's an amorphous ..warm boundary in the euro ... really seems to show up in the pressure contours closer to 00z but.. it could mean a late high type day... It does this sometimes with these BD scenario air masses - they bottom out 12 hours before they flip around all at once. 

I just have noted these tedious observations about them over the last 30 years ...mainly because they are loathsome and so one tends to remember. This one was really really fortunate to us though, that we didn't get 52 F drizzle cake skies for three days. 

This 'heat' does appear more slated to be 'hot' for central and NNE up through the ST L region...  We don't have the SW heat expulsion and the traditional W component to the wind and all that...

We have heights ballooning over the NE conus for a couple clicks ... and with solstice sun blazing away, thickness can then expand unimpeded and so the air mass home-modulates above normal.  Still looks like the region could deal with the first 70 F sack sticker DP air mass out of this...

Then, what originally looked like a protracted pulsed heat phase ...now looks like the models are searching for any reason plausible to ablate the heat and regress the season - I swear...it seems the modelers have parameterized the base-line to be winter to off-set GW some times.   Heh... I do think that the Euro run is embarrassing because it is in pure violation of basic planetary physical forcing in not just inserting dry air open sky -850s under a June sun, but then blithely lingering the air mass for two days under that same sun ...strains believability too far to be acceptable.

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just keeps cooling off. 48F.

Wow, 58/35 here off a high of 74.  

If I could have canned today's weather I would be cracking it open all summer like Kevin cracks double IPA's.  Difference being I prefer my IPA and my weather clear and dry as opposed to hazy.

• Confused 1

46.6 now. The past few days have been wonderful . I would gladly give up growing real warm weather vegetables like tomatoes in favor of this all summer. 

If we had a bit more breeze to keep the bugs away, it would be ideal.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Only 3 days have been above normal in the last 21 here.  We started the month with 4 in a row, but we’ve been stuck in the regime for a while now.

25 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

ORH -2.3 MTD.  

We are -3.0 on the month here... but 8 of last 10 days have been above normal. 

That should tell you how obscenely cold the first two weeks of May were.  Snowy May too.

Pretty crazy to have 10 days average above normal but we still have lower departures than SNE.