Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You can see the dry air and front coming from the north on satellite. Breaks of blue right behind it. 

Mentally it felt good yesterday. I’m completely done with this COVID crap. The warm weather just makes you forget about all this nonsense.

My solar production is on course to set a monthly record. Had almost 10 straight days of sun here. Some people have noticed that the reduction of pollution is showing a significant increase of solar production as well. 

May compared to April.

Screenshot_20200523-083207_SolarEdge.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-083217_SolarEdge.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Dews in the 20s ripping down the Maine and NH coasts. Temp gonna fall into the 40s where there is precip. Hopefully it stays dry here. 60/30 is way more preferable to 47/43. 

Convergence? I am looking at vis loop, somebody gonna get soaked

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dews in the 20s ripping down the Maine and NH coasts. Temp gonna fall into the 40s where there is precip. Hopefully it stays dry here. 60/30 is way more preferable to 47/43. 

spectacular display of undercutting mechanics on hi vis loop over the last 2 hours...

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined ..

where's the BD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Brett might get the ground damp lol. All in all nuisance stuff as expected.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Brett gonna get a soaker to wash his way too late dropping of fertilizer in

Still uncertainty with where the heaviest QPF placement is, as
CAMs continue to vary on intensity. Utilized a blend of the
50/75th percentile of guidance along with WPC guidance. This
leans closer to the ECMWF/GEM and majority of HREF members
solutions, which keeps the heaviest precipitation across
southern CT and RI east to the Islands. The NAM/GFS solutions
keep the heaviest precipitation over RI, Cape Cod and the
Islands.

Lol... it’s more for a clover problem that has suddenly sprung up out of nowhere.

Dews low 20s N. Maine (19 at FVE) and temps stalled near 60 statewide.  After 81/35 and 84/39 last 2 days, maybe light frost tomorrow morning if we decouple soon enough, and another frost shot Monday.  GFS has AUG touching 90 next Wednesday - unlikely but not impossible.

Now squared away behind the boundary, at least for Rt 2/495...this is thus far just refreshing...

I must admit, the house was a tad uncomfortably warm overnight - had some issues with tossin' and turnin' and seekin' the cold side of the pillow.  Right now it is 69 F which is actually back up 2 degrees since the initial boundary calving an hour and a half ago.  And this did not come in with packing of strata/Labrador marine processed air, either. The sky is mackerel and bkn elevated shrapnel with sun beams penetrating. 

What all this likely means for today is that the day may end up better than the standard climo for BD madness.  Ha.  Seriously, if sat/sky coverage continue toward more sun, a NE wind west of I-95 is still a continental air source ( less marine tainted) given the day's leading synoptic. Just got to keep that vestigial gyre S ..  south coast is probably butt plugged by that thing either way but I admit to a bit of self-servitude in this evaluation and so am not sure.

I mentioned that yesterday ...though this front is certainly making inroads across the area exactly like a BD behaves, ...it's really almost too deep in the sounding to be truly just a low level cold mass-restoring cut back event.  It's bringing down refreshing east Canadian air.  Now...given time, and an east drift ...which still appears destined, that may change and the air mass may in fact ripen with marine taint- I think the NAM is actually saturating Logan's RH1 level at hour 60 from a 08 wind... See, BD's are not a horrific to me, unless they are transporting that low tide smell along with shrouds of dead fisherman's spirit clouds .. inland.  I've seen 93 F plumb to 46 F in 20 minutes ... 89 fell once to 38F in 1998, March 31, in 15 hours, and the first 30 of that in 10 minutes up in the Merrimack Valley of NE Mass... though this later one was also a bit more continental in nature.  It's a hard prediction to make - which BD air mass is transporting just continental air on a curved anticylonic surface, versus that plus marine or just marine... The latter is what turns BD's into a Med run on the pharmacy -

But, I was just looking at ALB on the old FOUS numbers for Sunday and that site on the grid is offering a 2-meter suggestion of around 22C, with SSE drift and low RH skies/ceiling levels... Meanwhile, Logan is 11 or 12C... Not sure what this means for the CT but probably a line from NYC to PWM and points east is gradated tomorrow.

Euro's 00z run started improving Monday some...

I am overall, less impressed with the heat this week.. Seems the models couldn't leave it alone and are now obtruding a powerful S/W along or N of the Can border by Thursday and that would significantly curtail the longevity heading toward next weekend if that holds.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a day again. 

Temps already to 70F without a cloud in sight. 

Picnic tables up to 64F.  Hot in the high country.

It was a good call... you might remember we set this up the other day; a hook around air source. It gets colder in NYC eventually than you with this tucking - maybe.  I am noticing ALB is getting milder to warm again in the NAM as early as tomorrow though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you can see it arrive there on sat really nicely - time sensy

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

( less marine tainted)

Yeah was fascinating watching it race SW. taking any rain chances with it. Was hoping for rain but could tell last 2 days that was gonna get shunted south 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah was fascinating watching it race SW. taking any rain chances with it. Was hoping for rain but could tell last 2 days that was gonna get shunted south 

I know your into yard stuff... My friends of the non-Met ilk are all bitching actually because it's been so sunny and dry and they've all got lawn treatments down and don't wanna use the water/hose ...ha! Oy, can't win...

It is dusty dry here, I admit.  I mean the deep soil/ground is fine still...but 80/30 type days ... that's going tan the lawn hide pretty quick if we don't get some restorative top hydro -

It's funny with the WFH protocols/distancing stuff ...I almost don't give a shit now that I think about it.  I mean, we have Monday off ...then, we WFH in 80 to 90 all week...

it's now up to 73 here behind a BD that really looked like a 54 F transport hell yesterday - I'm a bit taken aback I must admit.. I mean I feel pretty confident in the why, but this is MOS bust too - FIT was supposed to hand at 67 and drop to 57 by sun down and it's ...sorry, nearing 70 there with NE wind out of a D-slope source that supports 80 still so...heh... this is a kind of operational/forecasting wtf moment here -

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I know your into yard stuff... My friends of the non-Met ilk are all bitching actually because it's been so sunny and dry and they've all got lawn treatments down and don't wanna use the water/hose ...ha! Oy, can't win...

It is dusty dry here, I admit.  I mean the deep soil/ground is fine still...but 80/30 type days ... that's going tan the lawn hide pretty quick if we don't get some restorative top hydro -

Yeah without watering , lawns will start burning this weekend and next week with dry sun. The high dews Tuesday thru Friday will help a little 

39 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Spent a little time placing flags at veteran’s gravestones this morning. It should always center a person to walk quietly through a cemetery, especially during a time like this. The cloudy conditions helped. 

onmTQsV.jpg

Yes indeed.  Thank you 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah without watering , lawns will start burning this weekend and next week with dry sun. The high dews Tuesday thru Friday will help a little 

Less mowing less weeds sounds great. Pool cover comes off tomorrow.  Hopefully by Thursday water temp is up enough to dip the toes.