Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

41 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

how much snow is left up there? can you post a screenshot of that snowdepth graph you did about a week ago, curious

With the snow melting fast, I'm trying to get up there every 48 hours or so now. 

It's a walk for sure, 3.5 miles each way with 2,600 vertical foot gain just to get a snow depth reading... but who am I kidding, the dog and I love it.

I called it 30" today on my report to WFO BTV.  It gets hard this time of year with the melt ring to narrow in on a certain inch.

1249582595_May_22_Stake_Mission(7).thumb.jpg.d9197acfe30e8d559bec88b98c1995ad.jpg

Its in free-fall now... lost 11" in the past 48 hours alone.  The summit isn't cooling off at night like the valleys.  The valleys are getting down to frost levels in the low to mid 30s at night but the summit has now been 48 hours in the 50F to 70F range.  Not good for snow preservation when you don't drop below 50F, ha.

2122702301_May_22_Stake_Mission(1).jpg.f6159588bc97dc884deb6b15d9a79ead.jpg

Stunning weather though to wander around in the mountains.  Not a cloud in the sky for like the 5th or 6th day in a row, ha.

1999919930_May_22_Stake_Mission(2).thumb.jpg.8d32e2017d950fe3737f3a826c085882.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenmtnwx said:

Another gorgeous day in the Greens. Saw an 81, bluebird sky, just splendid summer weather. 

Sick swimming hole!

I went in today for the first time this season with the dog when I got home. but holy crap is that water shockingly cold.  The human body almost doesn't know how to handle it, ha. 

I guess I'm not sure what I was expecting, that water was snow 5 miles upstream.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sick swimming hole!

I went in today for the first time this season with the dog when I got home. but holy crap is that water shockingly cold.  The human body almost doesn't know how to handle it, ha. 

I guess I'm not sure what I was expecting, that water was snow 5 miles upstream.

Better thong

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sick swimming hole!

Outtie became an innie?

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Windows and doors wide open, just the natural A/C tonight.

We’ve dropped 25 degrees in just over two hours, going to have to close the windows soon.  

82F to 57F after sunset.

Nice... still 68 here... I’m sure I’ll be able to turn it off tomorrow morning for the weekend.

Our dog has terrible allergies, so that’s another reason we have it on, they were really bothering her today 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looking forward to later next week's torch. Looks like early June cools off a bit.

That distant signal might be the summer settling pattern ... of perhaps an amped version of it.  

seems to do this more times than not in recent years dating back awhile actually .., butt banged all spring then a heat wave, then it’s indeterminable NW flow that shunts heat/convection and bores to tears —> early cold snap and snow chance just before the gradient kicks in again and f’s up the winter leaving doom winter forecasters explaining why 

Its no wonder why there’s seldom substantive Met dialogue engaged in this forum any longer because it’s all so predictable ..

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In all the irony.. Tippy and Dendy stole it. Lol

Dry here. It was clear all morning, but clouds have moved in from the NE now. I assume that’s the BD. With the rain more north than progged there should be quite the wetbulbing acceleration later right through SNE.