• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

One of the aspects that is helping to accelerate this BD ...making it more aggressive than some want to admit, is that there is a legit ...albeit weak, coastal low developing over the upper M/A and then scooting ESE of LI during late Saturday. With a big high pressing SE out of Ontario into the Maritimes under confluence, there'd be at a minimum a N-door cold front as far S as SNE ... but the pressure/density discontinuity of that low really drags the boundary down through NJ too.   Even NYC is 7C at T1 Sunday morning at 8am.  

You know, it is not impossible that the models are underdone with the amount of cold saturation under the inversion, too ...in which case it's cloudier than folks think.  

I don't know...some are hard-headed and can't learn despite living in BD hell all their lives - they still try and fight it.  

I'm teasing Kevin, but still ... you might wanna not be suprised if it's a tad cooler than you may think.  It will be warmer out your way than Beverly Mass, of course...But you are definitely going back to late April for two days.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

One of the aspects that is helping to accelerate this BD ...making it more aggressive than some want to admit, is that there is a legit ...albeit weak, coastal low developing over the upper M/A and then scooting ESE of LI during late Saturday. With a big high pressing SE out of Ontario into the Maritimes under confluence, there'd be at a minimum a N-door cold front as far S as SNE ... but the pressure/density discontinuity of that low really drags the boundary down through NJ too.   Even NYC is 7C at T1 Sunday morning at 8am.  

You know, it is not impossible that the models are underdone with the amount of cold saturation under the inversion, too ...in which case it's cloudier than folks think.  

I don't know...some are hard-headed and can't learn despite living in BD hell all their lives - they still try and fight it.  

I'm teasing Kevin, but still ... you might wanna not be suprised if it's a tad cooler than you may think.  It will be warmer out your way than Beverly Mass, of course...But you are definitely going back to late April for two days.

No real disagreement there. I just think the strong sun angle negates the cooling this far west. Look at the last few days mid week. It was 65-73 inland under a hot sun 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we tried to tell him 

There's actually another little ripple of low pressure that tries to redevelop to the west on Monday from that 2nd little s/w diving in and give us dogshit clouds/sprinkles and east flow.....Monday could be worse than Sunday if that happens.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ll see. 65-73 inland Sunday and Warmer Monday. That’s my forecast . I know you have rain and 40’s Saturday. How about the other 2 days? For interior SNE

for mount Tolland I'm thinking upper 50s Sun / Mon 

tomorrow I wouldn't be shocked if you hit 70 before temps crash in the afternoon. If it rains down there, temps fall into the 40s for sure. Look at those dews advecting in with the BDCF. 

2 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

for mount Tolland I'm thinking upper 50s Sun / Mon 

tomorrow I wouldn't be shocked if you hit 70 before temps crash in the afternoon. If it rains down there, temps fall into the 40s for sure. Look at those dews advecting in with the BDCF. 

Ok. 40’s and 50’s all weekend . Good luck! We will verify Monday evening 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's actually another little ripple of low pressure that tries to redevelop to the west on Monday from that 2nd little s/w diving in and give us dogshit clouds/sprinkles and east flow.....Monday could be worse than Sunday if that happens.

Lol... 

This is actually kind of like a normal cold front it's so aggressive ...looking at WPC it's a sharp boundary slicing due S... 

It really is only a back-door phenomenon from about NYC and S....  But, since the wind immediately hums around to the NE upon passage I guess it's splitting hairs. 

Either way, it's on roids.... between a strong PP discontinuity balancing from the NE, and a low pressure actually sucking the air mass SW.... it's going to abruptly change things.  How much so can't really be nailed down...but it will be colder in direction!

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Early high of 69 there Sat with showers and falling afternoon temps. 

I don’t think Sun/Mon will be too bad. Maybe M/U 60s at 990ft in Tolland?

He even mentioned he thought warmest temps in NE CT with clearing late in the afternoon tomorrow. I’m not convinced most of the rain ends up HFD south and west . We’ll see on that .