05/14 68.2  34.9 0.00   19  0.0  0
05/15 75.3  51.3 0.78   22  0.0  0
05/16 62.7  46.4    T   22  0.0  0
05/17 68.8  45.9 0.00   14  0.0  0
05/18 68.4  48.3    T   12  0.0  0
05/19 65.5  39.5 0.00   15  0.0  0
05/20 70.4  38.0 0.00   11  0.0  0

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah.. this is great in spring , but would be not desirable in summer for swimming etc and nights out. Need warm nights 

But it is desirable weather for literally every other activity you could dream up outside aside from swimming.  Just great for every day life.

Just now, dendrite said:

14% RH at BML earlier. Good stuff up north. The usual dryness on either side of 20% down here.

Warming over the top today?  I saw some meso-sites approaching 80F in the NEK of Vermont.  BTV's mesonet page still has a couple 79s up there at 6pm in the far northern CT River drainage adjacent to Coos County.  They probably are still just getting buds on the trees, easier time of year to dry torch some NNE sites.

I didn't realize it was 10-15F cooler down in SNE till I saw Dews' post.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Warming over the top today?  I saw some meso-sites approaching 80F in the NEK of Vermont.  BTV's mesonet page still has a couple 79s up there at 6pm in the far northern CT River drainage adjacent to Coos County.

I didn't realize it was 10-15F cooler down in SNE till I saw Dews' post.

Only mid-50's right here on the water but have full, beautiful sunshine.

Tomorrow and Friday will be the real winners for coasties

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But it is desirable weather for literally every other activity you could dream up outside aside from swimming.  Just great for every day life.

Not for summer . Houses freezing due to cold nights . Outside is warmer. Inside kids and wife in sweatshirts and blankets. That ain’t summer 

Some real big diurnal temp ranges today in the NEK of VT.

NSTN3 at the headwater of the CT River has gone from 34F to 80F today for 46 degree spread.

NLHV1 has done at least 34F to 78F for a 44 degree spread and has had sub-freezing dews all day with RH below 20% for the past 5 hours.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not for summer . Houses freezing due to cold nights . Outside is warmer. Inside kids and wife in sweatshirts and blankets. That ain’t summer 

Your house wouldn't be freezing cold if you didn't stick a AC unit in every window already.

But isn't summer the same, hot outside and walk inside to get refreshed with cold air and A/C, no?

You guys have been a bit colder during the day though than up here the past few days it seems.  But I get it, you seem to judge summer by the nighttime temps.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Your house wouldn't be freezing cold if you didn't stick a AC unit in every window already.

But isn't summer the same, hot outside and walk inside to get refreshed with cold air and A/C, no?

You guys have been a bit colder during the day though than up here the past few days it seems.  But I get it, you seem to judge summer by the nighttime temps.

For me it’s all about the season and the life. Summer is warm season and you should not need to worry about bringing jackets at night .. anywhere. I get by 9:00 today you don’t need one . It’s May, so it’s expected. But no one wants cold nights  . That’s for fall and winter . If it’s Summer, it’s warmth , humidity , periodic storms etc 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1