Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

41 minutes ago, klw said:

The tree grew from a seed which I took from an avocado I had eaten.  I started it at the office and had it there for two or three years until I brought it home last fall.  It is probably about 3 feet high at this point with lots of good growth.  It has never been outside and sits in a west facing window but rarely has ever gotten direct sun.  Our house only has one south facing window and that is for the Lemon trees.

Nice. Yeah all of mine were grown from seed from eaten ones as well. I probably have 8 of them in total....I may cut back to 2-3 next winter since they hog up so much grow light space.

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah not worried about any cold 40’s or 50’s inland during either weekend day. Suns out both days with 70+ inland. Coasts cooler. Probably similar to today overall 

Depends... 500 mb heights and total thickness would support it, but ... the lower levels may have to contend with a heavily sloped inverted sounding from NE undercut.  

I'm not sure what your familiarization is with New England climate ... being that you are clearly pretty new to actual science and data ... but we have a phenomenon we refer to as "backdoor cold fronts" - the overall synopsis leading into Saturday highly favors the production of one, and when they arrive they typically dont' terminate momentum until they've effectively "filled in" the space east of the Berkshires ...down along the I-95/surrounding coastal plain, considerably farther down the Eastern Seaboard than one might immediately think.  

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Depends... 500 mb heights and total thickness would support it, but ... the lower levels may have to contend with a heavily sloped inverted sounding from NE undercut.  

I'm not sure what your familiarization is with New England climate ... being that you are clearly pretty new to actual science and data ... but we have a phenomenon we refer to as "backdoor cold fronts" - the overall synopsis leading into Saturday highly favors the production of one, and when they arrive they typically dont' terminate momentum until they've effectively "filled in" the space east of the Berkshires ...down along the I-95/surrounding coastal plain, considerably farther down the Eastern Seaboard than one might immediately think.  

Nothing shows that .except maybe an erroneous Nam run . I’ll go ahead and assume you’re not basing this on that.  Forecasts don’t reflect it. And I’ve lived here since 1979. When you still lived in Michigan so much more familiar . It’s simply a windshift inland 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing shows that .except maybe an erroneous Nam run . I’ll go ahead and assume you’re not basing this on that.  Forecasts don’t reflect it. And I’ve lived here since 1979. When you still lived in Michigan so much more familiar . It’s simply a windshift inland 

ALL the models show that 

the f' are you looking at

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I wipe the truck down everyday. Will do this evening when winds die down. Only way to keep up with it 

Mine needs a thorough detailing. Maybe this weekend. Probably take me 5 times as long as you as I have to stop every 10 minutes lol

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing shows a day or two of 48 and overcast. Nothing 

Heres the Euro

OH, I see what your meaning...   Nah, I'd suggest you try and correct toward climo on BD's ...by first admitting they exist at all - that'd be a good start...Then, admitting they effect/affect the weather in CT... Then, in the fourth stage of recovery, acceptance;

image.thumb.png.802324952679b0c8403c5a9b60751a65.png

...that's when/if there is ever any hint of one on the charts, and in this case, there is a yelling siren... you automatically throw your products out and go more pessimistic as a general rule of thumb and wisdom.

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

If black flies can breed in it, brook trout can live in it.  (And those trout begin to bite seriously about the same time as the black flies do the same.)

Oh the days of yore when i was brook fishing in the west forks on memorial weekend, We had an ongoing good laugh every year as we would wake up in the morning to see who had there eyes swelled shut from getting bit overnight in the tent.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Oh the days of yore when i was brook fishing in the west forks on memorial weekend, We had an ongoing good laugh every year as we would wake up in the morning to see who had there eyes swelled shut from getting bit overnight in the tent.

Thank God they're already over down here. Not a bad season, couple days a few weeks ago and that's it. They are a blight on this Earth.

• Like 1