Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is warm Thursday through Saturday. What a crazy turn of events over the last few days. I definitely did not expect that..but we take. This ULL has been a nightmare for models, but it certainly seems it will be dry and eventually turning warmer.

Dews next weekend too. Glad installs are done. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully folks are getting them up and in now so they aren’t sweating and angry later this week while installing 

Lol,  pick it up stick it in windows, angry and sweaty,  must be office workers who pay to have everything done for them.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I picture you having quite the struggle installing. Don’t be afraid to ask for help....

No way can I lift an AC unit, the wife will do it in the one window unit in her grooming room and guranteed she won't work up a sweat or get angry all 130 lbs of her. 

Today was a top ten COC day. Good call on COC for the next ten days

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No way can I lift an AC unit, the wife will do it in the one window unit in her grooming room and guranteed she won't work up a sweat or get angry all 130 lbs of her. 

Overcast the majority of the day here.  Finally cleared out in the last hour.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dews hit next weekend and beyond so glad you guys went to em up and in

• Weenie 1

What a bizarre evolution that U/A cut-off and total surroundong synoptic evolution takes for the sole intent of making Will wrong and Kevin right.  Lol 

Kidding... It's plausible that after all those postings ... we never even deal with that thing at all. Once the Euro gets to 12z Wednesday it may as well be a TUTT at that point.  The Euro just keeps getting less and less. 

Its not gonna be warm until Thurs afternoon tho. Thursday and Friday look like down right utopic in this run.  Like 39 F DPs with 850s' over 10 C, full sun and winds west at zephyr speeds. 

Actually Tuesday and Wednesday aren't that bad either if an east wind doesn't bother you much - the sun will help tho.

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What a bizarre evolution that U/A cut-off and total surroundong synoptic evolution takes for the sole intent of making Will wrong and Kevin right.  Lol 

Kidding... It's plausible that after all those postings ... we never even deal with that thing at all. Once the Euro gets to 12z Wednesday it may as well be a TUTT at that point.  The Euro just keeps getting less and less. 

Its not gonna be warm until Thurs afternoon tho. Thursday and Friday look like down right utopic in this run.  Like 39 F DPs with 850s' over 10 C, full sun and winds west at zephyr speeds. 

Actually Tuesday and Wednesday aren't that bad either if an east wind doesn't bother you much - the sun will help tho.

This is one time where Will , will be glad he was incorrect 

• Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You can see it well on the RH plots for Thursday and Friday.  

Afternoon RH’s in the 20s% and 30s%, then nighttime in the rad valleys of 80-100%... some good low dew high diurnal spreads there. 

Looks like some prime days late week. 

C71F789B-532E-4FB0-9B55-228A3064AEAA.thumb.png.59d0509ece44f1998676148875264c07.png

9 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Under 3 inches here in Brooklyn ,NY :weep:

Doing post analysis now, and it was ugly. My forecast is actually worse than last season's, despite the accurate December. Having the NAO materialize in April, as opposed to March was absolutely, catastrophically fatal with respect to my accuracy.

The only redeeming factor is that I had the progression of the season correct, but the middle portion was uglier than I had imagined, and the recovery was too late. It looks much worse on paper, but it is what it is.

I don't spin.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Doing post analysis now, and it was ugly. My forecast is actually worse than last season's, despite the accurate December. Having the NAO materialize in April, as opposed to March was absolutely, catastrophically fatal with respect to my accuracy.

The only redeeming factor is that I had the progression of the season correct, but the middle portion was uglier than I had imagined, and the recovery was too late. It looks much worse on paper, but it is what it is.

I don't spin.

My only excitement was the snow squall in December which added up to an inch.

18 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

My only excitement was the snow squall in December which added up to an inch.

That is mind blowing.  Sorry dude.  I didn’t know it was *that* bad in NYC.  

Props for being the most optimistic and upbeat poster too... you never seemed angry or upset about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Indeed.  Looks like a chart and graph fail on the rains, although it would be nice to get a wee bit of wet sometime.

58 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pretty close to average here. 70.2” or thereabouts.      Pretty lame the way it played out though after mid December 

Dude, you were on like an oasis of snow in a sea of turd....even CON, NH had under 50"...BTV had just under 70".

I was bad, at 44", but not memorably abysmal like the coast and further south.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wish that I had included you on my spreadsheet because you maybe the one spot I would have nailed. lol 

Just missed BTV...

We came in a bit below normal here, and just ancedotally I'd say the area was 10-20% under normal snowfall (BTV was what, 13% under?) ... J.Spin though looks about spot on his average.  The mountains were below normal though, but with some weird nuances.  I read Sugarbush said it was one of their lowest totals in the past 20 years but most inhabited spots seemed to be maybe 10-15% below?  Mansfield was solidly below normal by my count but still markedly higher than 11-12 and 15-16.  If there's anything like a "normal below average winter" (not sure that makes sense) this seemed to be it.

I still think the BTV to J.Spin gradient is one of the more extreme we can see in New England for comparable elevations.... 18 miles away, elevation change of only 200ft, and BTV 70" to J.Spins 140".  It's legit too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We came in a bit below normal here, and just ancedotally I'd say the area was 10-20% under normal snowfall (BTV was what, 13% under?) ... J.Spin though looks about spot on his average.  The mountains were below normal though, but with some weird nuances.  I read Sugarbush said it was one of their lowest totals in the past 20 years but most inhabited spots seemed to be maybe 10-15% below?  Mansfield was solidly below normal by my count but still markedly higher than 11-12 and 15-16.  If there's anything like a "normal below average winter" (not sure that makes sense) this seemed to be it.

I still think the BTV to J.Spin gradient is one of the more extreme we can see in New England for comparable elevations.... 18 miles away, elevation change of only 200ft, and BTV 70" to J.Spins 140". 

If this is it for snow we’ll be at 142.1” on the season, coming in about 10% below average, so roughly in line with your anecdotal thoughts for the area.

I guess we were sort of “due” for something below average, because I just ran the numbers, and the previous three seasons prior to this one averaged 182.3”, which is a solid run.

This season has been interesting for its late season events – this is the first time we’ve had three accumulating storms in May, and the first time we’ve ever recorded more snow in May than in April.

• Like 2