Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Watching WMUR Ch 9 the NH network.  Their Met is taking about heavy rain with thunderstorms for NH on Monday.  Don't get it.  He teased it at the opening of the 5pm news and then talked it about during the weathercast.   I just don't get it.  Anyone want to enlighten me as to what he is seeing?

Alberta Clipper 

Palpably different sensible weather flashes in mid week...  At seasonality, perhaps even add a couple/few tickets.

A few days ago I commented that it is not unprecedented to see a 'climate correction' occur within a temporal stones throw of a departure, whether it achieves that by amplitude in similar time span ... or in the aggregate - this appears it may be slated for the latter. 

Hang in there ... it's almost over.  120 hour...well actually 108 now, and the 850 mb thermal layout is really washing away.  Most guidance agree that a warm front/diffused warm frontal passage takes place Wednesday night and Thursday may be 20 F warmer than Wed by 5 or 6 pm.   Credit the Euro... ( so far, we'll see ) but it picked this up at the edge of D10, five days ago, ..and it's held serve. now the GFS is even showing the seasonal flip - late as it is in every case and reality...jesus. It's amazing getting this version of the GFS to even admit to ridging and the 18z really signals ...makes me wonder if this may actually get more impressive ensuing model cycles.

This was a hemispheric fold synopsis off the Pacific warm eddy  ... whenever we get a -EPO to super impose over the tendency, that's a constructive wave interference and it went absolutely bonkers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

At least we didn’t decouple and the temp stayed up all night. 31° right now so not too bad for the plants. Next freeze chance is mid week...then hopefully that’s it. 

Dog bowls solidly frozen here.  Snow still on the Gazebo. No plants in so that's good. Low was 29.3. Just saw the apple orchard in Jewett City had a 27 degree low in the Valley  Hopefully they are ok

14 minutes ago, radarman said:

Yeah.  2 weeks they're saying but I've found that they do a pretty good job getting things done ahead of schedule usually.  Pedestal swap is a big PITA though.

And then OKX in June I guess? Tough timing, but needs to be done.