• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Another reason to use AC at night and not have windows open, is pollen.  Don’t care for a house full of it and have 3 people who have seasonal allergies sneezing all day from it.  A little open windows during the day for a bit is ok but not good for the sinuses.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I do have a question why do you have to flip a switch for AC?

Thermostats have 3 settings.  Heat/Cool/Off.
Heating system is radiant via oil and cooling system is electric with air handler in attic and condenser outside.  It’s a 2 zone system for both, 1st floor and 2nd floor.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Heating system is radiant via oil and cooling system is electric with air handler in attic and condenser outside.  It’s a 2 zone system for both, 1st floor and 2nd floor.

Ah got it. That kind of sucks if you are not home ,no?

Just now, butterfish55 said:
3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

And I wired it!!!!

:google:  :P :D

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ah got it. That kind of sucks if you are not home ,no?

No.  They’re programmable thermostats so you set them to what levels you want during the time periods you want.  It’s not like I’m going to freeze at this time of year if I go away, so it doesn’t matter if it’s set to cool.  I usually set my temp to around 70 for both heating and cooling.  It just feels the best.  Some days if it’s one of those real cold windy days I’ll override a bit warmer and conversely if it’s one of those hot/humid days in the 90s I’ll drop the temp a few degrees to help the system a bit.

51 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

No.  They’re programmable thermostats so you set them to what levels you want during the time periods you want.  It’s not like I’m going to freeze at this time of year if I go away, so it doesn’t matter if it’s set to cool.  I usually set my temp to around 70 for both heating and cooling.  It just feels the best.  Some days if it’s one of those real cold windy days I’ll override a bit warmer and conversely if it’s one of those hot/humid days in the 90s I’ll drop the temp a few degrees to help the system a bit.

Got it

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

18z GFS...lol

AUG/WVL/Skowhegan jack - 6-8" of paste, maybe 7:1 stuff, only 3-4" of 5:1 mush for LEW but only if the heaviest comes at night.   :o

Reality says we'll get about what we did from last week's 2-5" forecast, a few flakes after most precip was done.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

AUG/WVL/Skowhegan jack - 6-8" of paste, maybe 7:1 stuff, only 3-4" of 5:1 mush for LEW but only if the heaviest comes at night.   :o

Reality says we'll get about what we did from last week's 2-5" forecast, a few flakes after most precip was done.

Yup.

Just now, powderfreak said:

EURO was pretty decent too for that same system.

Crazy to see such a cold low going up the coastline.

1.thumb.png.8157d95768efcc6d9fe02c564e26550a.png

2.thumb.png.729ff213b9926d5b7a0b43db472e88be.png

I would probably buy the higher elevations like the Euro shows but sell the GFS right to the coast with snow, Will keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if there's any changes.

Just now, dryslot said:

I would probably buy the higher elevations like the Euro shows but sell the GFS right to the coast with snow, Will keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if there's any changes.

Yeah it's all just fodder at this point... true, I didn't notice the margins there on the coast but to have the two major operation models showing accumulating snow in a large swath of interior CNE to NNE on May 10th is pretty crazy.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it's all just fodder at this point... true, I didn't notice the margins there on the coast but to have the two major operation models showing accumulating snow in a large swath of interior CNE to NNE on May 10th is pretty crazy.

Yes, That is pretty widespread snow solutions for this time of year though on both which is quite intriguing this late in the season.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

BTV -1.4  .1"..no effort

Right? when will this cold snap end! after record setting cold in April I was hoping for a break in May but nope, more snow in the forecast. Some on here were calling for the last snow back in February ...lolz!

"Late afternoon temperatures across the region were about as cold as you can be this time of year. If you go all the way back to when records started, you will find that there were only a handful of days this chilly where the temperature never got to 45 degrees. Today’s high of 42 degrees in Boston is the lowest high on this date since way back in the late 1800s. We don’t see many cold temperature records anymore either."

" Think it's been a cold April? You're right! This month will go down as having the "coldest" max high temperature for April in Boston, Hartford, and Worcester (and 2nd for Providence!) "

Pretty much a late spring torch pattern except for the snow Wednesday night, Friday, and Saturday.

. A coastal storm tracking southeast of New England will
bring a period of rain Wednesday night which may mix with snow at
times. Scattered showers linger on Thursday, then another storm
brings more rain Friday night which may change to snow over the
higher elevations. Blustery and unseasonably cold conditions follow
on Saturday with scattered rain and higher elevation snow showers.
Dry weather with moderating temperatures Sunday then more
showers possible next Monday
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another nice day today with sun and temps around 60. Looks like one cold day Saturday and by Sunday back up to near 60 after a chilly start. 

When your high temp is your normal ave for the day for ten days you might be in a cold spell

Screenshot_20200505-063115_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When your high temp is your normal ave for the day for ten days you might be in a cold spell

Screenshot_20200505-063115_Chrome.jpg

BN absolutely, but not the frigid bitter mid winter weather a few are trying to make it. If suns out with dry air mass.. it warms nicely . That said, Fri night thru Sunday morning will be awful