Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Interesting immediate observation there for me is that the 850 mb is cold ... but not representing - 

Imagining if that were Feb 2, and that 500 mb would have and under riding 850mb -15 to even -20 C isotherm down Worcester latitude, so it's like negotiating with the sun - haha...

I dunno.. .I'm pretty high confident for an obnoxious cold shot into May there, ...probably a hard freeze/damage to orchard trees even... but I don't know if needs to be all that.  Hell, history happens though, too.  We'll see.   Plenty of time.

NYC would have a legit shot at their all time record for May if that played out.  Only way it can be done is a deepening system with strong CAA and NW flow.  They'll never sniff 32 this time of year without a strong gradient all night

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

I might cry myself into a SAD coma until July 4 for our one month of summer

I believe though that much like cold in late October/early November our weather now does not necessarily correlate to summer and may even be a reverse indicator.  Look at 2005 for example.  There are only a few years I remember where miserable springs carried the entire way through.  2003 was one example

• Like 1

Impressive for Central Park.

The month of April 2020 at Central Park was the first April since 1940, 80 years ago, where the temperature did not reach or exceed 70°.  The highest temperature was 68° on April 7, 2020.  70° was reached or exceeded 3 times in March, with the highest of 77° on  March 20, 2020.

20 minutes ago, BrianW said:

The month of April 2020 at Central Park was the first April since 1940, 80 years ago, where the temperature did not reach or exceed 70°.  The highest temperature was 68° on April 7, 2020.  70° was reached or exceeded 3 times in March, with the highest of 77° on  March 20, 2020.

global warming.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

What a crock of crap...this is absolutely absurd...pathetic. May as well just cancel severe wx season too...I mean everything else is cancelled. How fooking ridiculous we get this pattern now INSTEAD OF WINTER when it's supposed to happen. Biggest piece of junk I've ever seen. You can't get any more crap then this. WTF is going on? 

What a Mayelt. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Just all kinds of crazy in that.  The fact that it hit 70F three times in March but zero in April...and on top of that the warmest temp was hit on April 7th, so early in the month when climo is climbing fast throughout the month.

Wild.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just all kinds of crazy in that.  The fact that it hit 70F three times in March but zero in April...and on top of that the warmest temp was hit on April 7th, so early in the month when climo is climbing fast throughout the month.

Wild.

The last month at BOS that had a monthly high temp colder than what they had for April 2020 (62°) was January 2019 (59°).

PSIS...

A beautiful and mild weekend is in store for the region except
for a brief period of showers late tonight into early Sunday
morning. A few more showers are possible Sunday night. The rest
of the week is expected to feature mostly dry weather with
temperatures running a bit below normal.

About freaking time.

• Like 1