Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another great spring day!

No ...that Boston number has it's value - but one has to be a meteorologist to understand why ..so -

It was 62 setting out on that 25 mi ride;   hit the breeze boundary and finished in 48 F and it was brutal !!   We're 30 miles inland as the crow flies.  I knew there was risk of that dense cold marine boundary layer rollin in but the gamble didn't pay off - and it wasn't a very good ride because of it. To cold for the gear I was in -

• Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

No ...that Boston number has it's value - but one has to be a meteorologist to understand why ..so -

It was 62 setting out on that 25 mi ride;   hit the breeze boundary and finished in 48 F and it was brutal !!   We're 30 miles inland as the crow flies.  I knew there was risk of that dense cold marine boundary layer rollin in but the gamble didn't pay off - and it wasn't a very good ride because of it. To cold for the gear I was in -

Glad you rode and glad we don’t live in BOS

20 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember in 2009, ORH went until late July before hitting 80F that summer (they did hit 80F in spring a few times though). That June/July 2009 combo was like living in Labrador. 

Such an awesome summer that was even down to Northern NJ/NYC. Central Park didn't hit 90 until mid-August, which is really amazing if you think about it, and had few scattered 80 degree days all of June, July and most of August. Rest of the days were in the 70's cloudy with lots of rain in June. Ant probably remembers that summer.

BOS most likely had similar conditions all summer

What a relief it was as I was working outside at the time but boy, did we pay for it the next handful of summers.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was nice until about 3pm. Then the overcast and marine layer hit. 

You know we’ve been dumpster diving when a 60F high before the marine layer comes through is a great day at the end of April.

Amazing it travels as far as Holliston and Sherborn.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Saturday. A beaut sunny day 65-70. After your nasty comments yesterday 

Take the under, besides you said Fri to Sunday 65 to 70 not Saturday afternoon.  Sunday was a given we take.

Snake oil selling Morch 12 and Napril  then having to polish a turd like April