Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

19 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ebbs and flows. Even next 2 days had looked cold and wet now both days sun and 55-60. 65-70 this weekend. By May .. if suns out , it’s easily 60’s to near 70. Just because there’s pretty blue doesn’t mean it’s big cold. Just no heat. It could actually be COC k , for those that like that 

actually agree with this in principle... 

I've been trying to intimate the same in the terminating April thread - that we sort of turned the seasonal page this last week.  Ending with this current system pulling away, the 850 mb thermal layout is really relaxed and > 0C S of the 45 N ... Granted the Euro attempts to flood that back in D7; I'm willing to put money down that is typically lowering heights to prodigiously in it's D7-10 - 

that model's going to be tough to use for sniffing out heat waves at longer leads.  GFS too ...actually. Both models abolish domes for different reasons.  The euro tends to take any day 5 or 6 cumulus cloud it sees over eastern Montana ...and uses it to carve out a magnificent eastern trough.  While the GFS has a perpetual rasp always grinding ridge arcs flat... Either bias mutes warm getting to the 40th parallel.  The Euro may actually over amplify ridges, too - - but we have admittedly not really given it that opportunity with this weird cold at least excuse imaginable pattern we've been in this recent 30 days.

It's been the perfect storm of uninspired annoying weather.  Overly cold and cyclonically tasty in the D8 never had a chance of verifying cold enough for a late snow ...while keeping foliage dormant because it's actually too cool to trigger green-up.  Oh, it's smattering now....sure, but last year and this year, these cold April's back to back, are noticeably late here along Rt 2 compared to the previous 3 springs...  2015 was the last belated spring ... Probably average butt-bangin' for this cursed geographic region of the planet and it's atmosphere -

I'll tell ya I'm living in the wrong environment after March 15 ... I'm checked out by that date, and about 2/3rds of all springs, that is when the cold checks in because of this maddening seasonal lag we've been getting more and more of because of apparent CC

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

actually agree with this in principle... 

I've been trying to intimate the same in the terminating April thread - that we sort of turned the seasonal page this last week.  Ending with this current system pulling away, the 850 mb thermal layout is really relaxed and > 0C S of the 45 N ... Granted the Euro attempts to flood that back in D7; I'm willing to put money down that is typically lowering heights to prodigiously in it's D7-10 - 

that model's going to be tough to use for sniffing out heat waves at longer leads.  GFS too ...actually. Both models abolish domes for different reasons.  The euro tends to take any day 5 or 6 cumulus cloud it sees over eastern Montana ...and uses it to carve out a magnificent eastern trough.  While the GFS has a perpetual rasp always grinding ridge arcs flat... Either bias mutes warm getting to the 40th parallel.  The Euro may actually over amplify ridges, too - - but we have admittedly not really given it that opportunity with this weird cold at least excuse imaginable pattern we've been in this recent 30 days.

It's been the perfect storm of uninspired annoying weather.  Overly cold and cyclonically tasty in the D8 never had a chance of verifying cold enough for a late snow ...while keeping foliage dormant because it's actually too cool to trigger green-up.  Oh, it's smattering now....sure, but last year and this year, these cold April's back to back, are noticeably late here along Rt 2 compared to the previous 3 springs...  2015 was the last belated spring ... Probably average butt-bangin' for this cursed geographic region of the planet and it's atmosphere -

I'll tell ya I'm living in the wrong environment after March 15 ... I'm checked out by that date, and about 2/3rds of all springs, that is when the cold checks in because of this maddening seasonal lag we've been getting more and more of because of apparent CC

Yeah Morch is a stat pad month and by Napril all anyone wants is warmth and dews, which doesn’t to happen now like it did in days of yore when Napril got warm . Looks like mid May warms for good 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah Morch is a stat pad month and by Napril all anyone wants is warmth and dews, which doesn’t to happen now like it did in days of yore when Napril got warm . Looks like mid May warms for good 

Highly likely this cold pattern in the east can last into June and I have been hearing there might be a year without summer this year. Let's hope it's true! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wx2fish said:

Hopefully we can kick the ULL out quickly enough Saturday. Euro is slower, looks more like self destructing morning sun to scattered showers

There's been a trend to slow it down. Sunday will easily be the better day.

Just checking Boston 10 day and yeesh it's like in the low-mid 50s everyday.

That's like March down here, how do you guys survive such prolonged dreariness.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:
11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:
Leaves here? no. Another couple weeks away.  All flowering trees have bloomed or are in bloom. 

I don't why I thought we were behind. Been losing track of things

We were ahead in March but April’s cold has slowed things back to near normal.

Norway’s are starting to leaf out even in this cold. Effing weeds they are. I wish the GD Asian longhorn beetle, ate those things.  Everything else is near normal I think. Even with this shit weather, things had a huge start into early April. But I notice many species of oaks and hardwood maples still show little signs. Some species of oaks have buds swelling. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I doubt it at his current location. Maybe Mitch’s new spot though?

I remember in 2009, ORH went until late July before hitting 80F that summer (they did hit 80F in spring a few times though). That June/July 2009 combo was like living in Labrador. 

9 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

So euro and cmc now seem to extend the rainy bleh into Saturday.  So now only Sunday could be our nice day. Lovely.

interior southern New England. The bulk of the rain follows Thursday night into Friday, where a period of heavy rain and strong winds is expected. The low pressure system gradually slides offshore Saturday, but scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms remain possible until dry and mild weather arrives by Sunday. An approaching low pressure system may bring showers Sunday night into Monday, but temperatures should average near normal. Cooler weather expected on Tuesday. &&

Better than nothing I suppose.

29 minutes ago, kdxken said:

interior southern New England. The bulk of the rain follows Thursday night into Friday, where a period of heavy rain and strong winds is expected. The low pressure system gradually slides offshore Saturday, but scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms remain possible until dry and mild weather arrives by Sunday. An approaching low pressure system may bring showers Sunday night into Monday, but temperatures should average near normal. Cooler weather expected on Tuesday. &&

Better than nothing I suppose.

Saturday might not be too bad. Maybe not the nicest day, but probably crappiest in the high terrain.  Sunday should be amazing.

Are we of the opinion that these delayed spring warm ups are due to CC? It just seems weird that we have cold spring and falls and warm winters.....I feel like CC causes the climate to become more homogenous because the earth is warmer, but with more warmth comes more clouds and moisture, which causes temps change less.  My uneducated 2 cents anyway.