• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

Oops, my other post was wrong thread....moved it.

Still wonder if we get a few flakes in E MA this late afternoon/evening. 900mb gets down to around -4C....with -2C getting just below 925mb. So if there's anything steady, it may make the surface as flakes.

I've commented in NNE thread (I think) that I go to the sugarloaf webcam almost everyday. Until this weekend all but the base cam was shut down. It is wall to wall there right now. For Sugarloaf to be honest, I'm not sure if we've had enough 'nice' days to make for a good spring season. i look occasionally at the superstar at killington and it remains loaded with snow.

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I've commented in NNE thread (I think) that I go to the sugarloaf webcam almost everyday. Until this weekend all but the base cam was shut down. It is wall to wall there right now. For Sugarloaf to be honest, I'm not sure if we've had enough 'nice' days to make for a good spring season. i look occasionally at the superstar at killington and it remains loaded with snow.

Up this way, Stowe is pretty much 100% skiable still.  A couple locals I know poaching the uphill found 8" up there this morning and two foot drifts on Goat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

I am so ready to transition out of winter

I feel the same, especially since this is by far the coldest April of my life, but now I’m learning that in New England you have to fight tooth and nail for spring.

And here in SNE it isn’t even winter... it’s that crappy March-like middle ground that’s too chilly and dreary to enjoy but too warm for snow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I feel the same, especially since this is by far the coldest April of my life, but now I’m learning that in New England you have to fight tooth and nail for spring.

And here in SNE it isn’t even winter... it’s that crappy March-like middle ground that’s too chilly and dreary to enjoy but too warm for snow.

You came a little too late to experience the string of winter Marches in SNE....we'd been on a March snow binge before this year. Your 'hood probably had 16-17" last year on 3/4. Then of course we had the back to back monsters in March 2018 with snow cover basically the entire month (ditto 2017 on near-entire month snowpack).

Hopefully we have a real winter next year.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

All that snow and lifts are quiet, Awful, Guys i know are still riding up in the Jackman elevated areas.

Some buds in St Agatha and Sinclair sent pictures of Guys burning on Long lake yesterday too...going real late yet again this year way up North.  

Im just looking forward to next season now...hasn't been a good winter in more ways than one here.  Let’s move on with Spring and summer already is my feeling.  

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Some buds in St Agatha and Sinclair sent pictures of Guys burning on Long lake yesterday too...going real late yet again this year way up North.  

Im just looking forward to next season now...hasn't been a good winter in more ways than one here.  Let’s move on with Spring and summer already is my feeling.  

I've move past it, Been out fishing the last couple weeks.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

We were def just getting some cat paws splatting on the deck outside in these heavier echos. I was out covering the grill after dinner and didn’t believe it at first so I double checked and the temp is down to around 36.5-37 so it’s definitely likely 90-95% melted flakes that I saw. 

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We were def just getting some cat paws splatting on the deck outside in these heavier echos. I was out covering the grill after dinner and didn’t believe it at first so I double checked and the temp is down to around 36.5-37 so it’s definitely likely 90-95% melted flakes that I saw. 

Here too

• Weenie 1