Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea lol 1500 ft .How was the wind I could hear it out east.

Windy, but nothing atypical. What do you mean hear it out east? I think inland mixed because this late in the season, you don't have a stabilizing wedge at the surface. So the land lubbers got a taste of some wind.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Windy, but nothing atypical. What do you mean hear it out east? I think inland mixed because this late in the season, you don't have a stabilizing wedge at the surface. So the land lubbers got a taste of some wind.

All night a roar to my east which never really mixed down here. Very cool actually.  Sitting on my deck last night with virtually no wind but could hear the roar to my NE. I see places in Gloucester had 50 plus gusts 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

All night a roar to my east which never really mixed down here. Very cool actually.  Sitting on my deck last night with virtually no wind but could hear the roar to my NE. I see places in Gloucester had 50 plus gusts 

Ahh cool. Yeah I'd day 45mphish or so. Maybe close to 50 at times. But that's fairly typical. LLJ might have been a tad strong up near the NH  border as LWM was 43kts. 

I came in just shy of Ostego County above, missing their total by just 13.5 inches.  There is 1/2 inch of slop on most of the ground.

Oh well.

It is still snowing and 34f so maybe I will catch up to them in the next half hour or so.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Rates, temps, and elevation. Honestly was more impressive with the wind over performing than anything. 

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I"m pretty sure we had snow coming down at 5:00--or at least a mix.  37* and rain now.

Yeah I think we mixed around 2am as well. It dropped to 33.7F here.

But yeah Chris, we basically need everything to go right this time of year. It all started falling apart once I said we had wiggle room here. lol

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Slight accum now. 33.1F

Some slushy flakes here 7-7:30 but only -RA since, temp 34-35.  P&C from GYX thinks we might get an inch tonight but I'd be surprised.  Had one verifying snowstorm this month, haven't had 2 in April since 2007, though this month ranks 3rd (of 22) for most April snowfall.   Had 0.58" precip thru 7 bringing April total to 5.66"; will likely go over 6 by storm's end and maybe make a run at 7" by obs time Thursday evening.  

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I think we mixed around 2am as well. It dropped to 33.7F here.

But yeah Chris, we basically need everything to go right this time of year. It all started falling apart once I said we had wiggle room here. lol

That was a really tough forecast to actually put into digital form. I can only get so many of the pixels right when we're hanging right around the cutoff for accumulation.

Was a bust here for snow.  Expected at least 2-3" sloppy inches

36.6F  Light rain mixed at times with a few mangled flakes   .50"  rain

About 1/4" of snow last night.  Low dropped to 32.7F   Looking up at the ridge behind the house it looks snow stuck to trees at the 1500 level.  Ground white up there.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Was a bust here for snow.  Expected at least 2-3" sloppy inches

36.6F  Light rain mixed at times with a few mangled flakes   .50"  rain

About 1/4" of snow last night.  Low dropped to 32.7F   Looking up at the ridge behind the house it looks snow stuck to trees at the 1500 level.  Ground white up there.

Probably had a couple inches at that level. You really needed thew good rates and that was just north and W. Thought you could get a little more.

• Like 1

2.9" here. Disappointment. Measured at 6:30 AM before any melting started. 

Radars looked good for a bit in the late evening last night when I posted but then the dry slot moved back in.

We had light snow through the night from upslope, but I don't upslope as efficiently with a NE wind compared to up by Mt. Snow or Stratton. Needs to be more E to SE here.