Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

51 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The dynamic cooling shown is pretty impressive.  

The NAM has it like 50F in northern Maine while its ripping snow in central New England. 

F55B1DC3-2C35-4922-AE14-33D2C1D7F0B7.thumb.png.731cc4531f03aed815819ffc5daf7e64.png

If May ‘77 happened again, Brian would be sipping white claws on his deck, while it was pounding in places like Cambridge. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Beauty out.  56/15 right now... full sun and 20% RH, that's how life should be, ha.

Absolutely beautiful day for a hike/walk. Went over to Groton and walked some of the old roads and logging trails that are snowmobile trails in winter. Still snow in spots. I think we got up to 2000’-2200’ or so. 

C8EBB78B-857A-44DA-B49D-F6BF84AE2324.jpeg

• Like 2

Sneaky warm nose way up there at 700-750 mb on the NAM down here. 

Verbatim it's rain to snow to sleet then back to snow since we wet bulb before warming aloft. Low levels are absolutely frigid though with at or below freezing surface temps. Could be ice pellets and 31° F here while it's snow at 34° F in Dendrite's area. 

Just now, wxmanmitch said:

Sneaky warm nose way up there at 700-750 mb on the NAM down here. 

Verbatim it's rain to snow to sleet then back to snow since we wet bulb before warming aloft. Low levels are absolutely frigid though with at or below freezing surface temps. Could be ice pellets and 31° F here while it's snow at 34° F in Dendrite's area. 

Seems like that warm layer on that WCB push makes it almost to Pico/Killington

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:Until next Sunday. Looks like a warm day. Finally. 

I actually opened the bedroom window yesterday afternoon for the first time even though it was only 63°. Now the new kitten is trying to climb up to the window lock to open it himself. It blows my mind how we haven’t even been able to get a brief 1-2 day taste of legit spring weather this April. It’ll probably flip back to unbearable dews for JJA now. At least there’s been a lot of cP cold and not week long stretches of 40° at the sfc with DZ while MWN is sunny and 50°.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Check out the WV loop. That ULL is virtually stationary.  I thought at first there was a loop or satellite error 

GOES16_abi_conus_20200426_095112_band08.jpg

Yeah I think I dryslot at some point. So maybe a meh wcb, slot, and then meh ra/sn tomorrow during the daylight hours. It all adds up to useless. At least in that scenario we’ll likely cut back on the potential QPF.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How’s Saturday look?

There might be remnant upper level low garbage, but I think we can squeeze out a decent day. Of course another deep trough follows up....but we are heading into May now. You can’t stop the eventual seasonal changes. Eventually the nice days get even nicer. 

I don’t know how people like Ineedsnow can enjoy this with kids. This is the worst possible pattern. Maybe he has them chained in the basement like Sloth.

• Haha 1