Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

6 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

What’s the real deal with traveling from NJ to VT? I have a cabin in West Wardsboro, wanted to drive up with my son tomorrow, just do some cleanup around the house, take a drive around (not leave car), check the property, isolate there. Relax, watch some flakes Sunday. Bringing our own food for a few days. Am I not ok doing that seeing I am a VT homeowner? 

Stay quarantined and follow social distancing protocols, wear a mask etc. 

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

They only would have had Barker open on weekends this week

If there’s snow we ski, regardless what lifts spin. Unfortunately uphill is shut down right now. There were a number of events earlier this month as well  when they would have been wide open under normal circumstances. 

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The trend has been to drift this north and east late in the game so I’m wondering if we lose it the next couple runs. 

I’m a little over my head but it looked like the upper level view of this system favored a low (further north) very close to the S coast 

the late east drift ..well once that gains steam its usually tough to bring back significantly . Capture S of Nova Scotia with a weenie band probably pinwheeling down thru parts of coastal Maine and maybe some of cape.

I’ve seen euro ensembles swing all at once many times when the OP does shift even 50 miles , I wish the ensembles were able to account for a bit more differences in future Op run variance given what I’ve seen 

BTV weighs in:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BTV&issuedby=BTV&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Let`s talk snow now. Though thermal profiles are marginal for snow due to temperatures being near freezing to around 40 F, the dynamics of this system are very impressive and with omega values in the crosshairs of the DGZ, snow growth will be efficient. It`s a challenging forecast to be sure.

Anticipate wet snow within any mesobanding features that develop, mainly geared towards southern Vermont and areas east of the Green Mountains for our forecast area. Additional snow will be possible Monday as temperatures cool aloft under the upper low, but without the intense dynamics, it will become highly terrain dependent for the remainder of Monday. Expect snow levels to drop to around 1000ft during the period of heaviest precipitation from about 5 PM Sunday to 2 AM Sunday. and generally have a dusting to 1". This will be mostly for eastern Vermont due to the more favorable upslope component in the low-level easterly flow.

Areas near to above 2000ft elevation will likely see a wet 1"-4", with the higher amounts focused in the eastern Adirondacks and southern Greens of Vermont. Then at the higher summits, generally above 3000ft, there is about 4"-12" forecast, with the highest forecast over Mt. Marcy and Killington/Mendon Peak. Will continue to assess and revise as more becomes known about this dynamic system.

Their map is hardly bullish:

StormTotalSnowWeb.png