Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'd want deep lift in the DGZ for anything more than flakes. Manufactured stuff near 800 and below where it's -6 to -8 won't do much. You'll need the good fatty's that both take a while to melt, and help latent cool the atmosphere close to freezing because it takes a lot of energy to melt nice dendrites. 

Yeah we want to see a nice re-intensification near or just S of ACK when that ULL pinwheels into place. I think the WCB stuff is going to end up too warm here...but the CCB has a chance if it can be organized well....get things saturated into the 600mb range where we have -12C temps and get the lift in that zone too.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we want to see a nice re-intensification near or just S of ACK when that ULL pinwheels into place. I think the WCB stuff is going to end up too warm here...but the CCB has a chance if it can be organized well....get things saturated into the 600mb range where we have -12C temps and get the lift in that zone too.

I forgot we have GEM soundings on Pivotal. That would work verbatim. Man it' so dam cold below 850. That's nuts. Wx2fish earlier was asking about record low max temps. Seems like we could challenge that without looking it up.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'd want deep lift in the DGZ for anything more than flakes. Manufactured stuff near 800 and below where it's -6 to -8 won't do much. You'll need the good fatty's that both take a while to melt, and help latent cool the atmosphere close to freezing because it takes a lot of energy to melt nice dendrites. 

i'm down for good fatty's

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is a CNE crippler 

the nam looks cold enough for snow post 6z Monday for 495 corridor but just dry slots verbatim 

nam really cools after 3-6z for parts of mass

Gets ern and NE MA into some light snows Monday aftn and evening, Unreal.