• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fishing 2020

PowderBeard

Big production to get the boat and gear ready for tuna every year.   By law I have to get my life raft which is federally mandated safety gear re-packed every year which sucks.  You're in the hole $800 to start the year.  Just sitting here scheduling a repack at a place in Rhode Island. 

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Went out on the ice.....probably for the last time, at Upper Baker in Orford NH.   Couple fish but nothing crazy.  Still about a foot of ice in most spots, but soft stuff on top. 

Flying Pond in Vienna and Mt. Vernon had 17-18" when I fished there on 3/20 but by the following Tuesday afternoon meltwater from tribs had lifted the ice away from the shore.  I could've stepped onto the good ice that afternoon but scrubbed my Wednesday plans because I might've had to wade/swim to get ashore after another 60° day.  Will likely float the canoe in early May, either at Flying for bass or "alligator hunting" for pike at North Pond in the Belgrades.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Flying Pond in Vienna and Mt. Vernon had 17-18" when I fished there on 3/20 but by the following Tuesday afternoon meltwater from tribs had lifted the ice away from the shore.  I could've stepped onto the good ice that afternoon but scrubbed my Wednesday plans because I might've had to wade/swim to get ashore after another 60° day.  Will likely float the canoe in early May, either at Flying for bass or "alligator hunting" for pike at North Pond in the Belgrades.

My uncle and his friend out in Conn one year at this time of year, walked onto the middle of the pond and fished, called it a day and when they got near shore there was about 6 feet of open water sale place they walked on ice that morning, they their gear across the water and just walked through it.