• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather for 4/19-4/23

Maybe they noticed that the circ weakens every time they issue a warning hahahahaha. In all seriousness, this is concerning. Is one of their mets out sick and they are short staffed?  I have to say....agree at this point on the Lake Charles office. Not sure what they're thinking. There is a clear CC dropout on massive g2g shear. This is pretty cut and dry. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pbrussell said:

I love Internet forums. Sorry guys 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just thinking about the last time I watched a supercell cycle and produce violent tornadoes as long as this one has. Chapman is what came to mind 

You are an evil satin worshiper for what you said. 

;-)

In all seriousness, sorry for being a dick.

2 minutes ago, pbrussell said:

I love Internet forums. Sorry guys 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just thinking about the last time I watched a supercell cycle and produce violent tornadoes as long as this one has. Chapman is what came to mind 

They are bugging.  This is easily one of the more impressive supercells of the year.  Its been producing since damn near north of Houston with excellent structure

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moderately Unstable said:

Maybe they noticed that the circ weakens every time they issue a warning hahahahaha. In all seriousness, this is concerning. Is one of their mets out sick and they are short staffed?  I have to say....agree at this point on the Lake Charles office. Not sure what they're thinking. There is a clear CC dropout on massive g2g shear. This is pretty cut and dry. 

This was bad, but not as bad as FFC on Easter. Counted at least THREE unwarned TDSs that lasted multiple scans in their forecast area during that event. Was awful.

Edit:FFC not FCC lol

Just now, Bob's Burgers said:

Yep. One of them 7 people died in too IIRC

1 minute ago, Buckeye05 said:

This was bad, but not as bad as FCC on Easter. Counted at least THREE unwarned TDSs that lasted multiple scans in their forecast area during that event. Was awful.

Wow. I hadn't read that. See, this is why I like coming to the forums. Learn stuff I didn't know. That's shocking, and also strongly proves what happens when you don't warn a tornado. 

Just now, Moderately Unstable said:

Wow. I hadn't read that. See, this is why I like coming to the forums. Learn stuff I didn't know. That's shocking, and also strongly proves what happens when you don't warn a tornado. 

I'm surprised they didn't get dragged through the mud after that. Nobody really talked about it afterward.

EVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAKE CHARLES LA  
936 PM CDT WED APR 22 2020  

LAC009-079-230300-  
/O.CON.KLCH.TO.W.0013.000000T0000Z-200423T0300Z/  
RAPIDES LA-AVOYELLES LA-  
936 PM CDT WED APR 22 2020  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR EAST  
CENTRAL RAPIDES AND NORTHWESTERN AVOYELLES PARISHES...  

AT 934 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR POLAND, OR 9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ALEXANDRIA, MOVING EAST  
AT 35 MPH.  

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  

So to sum this mess up over the last 30 minutes, I think we had a weak, unwarned tornado dissipate, then, a non-traditional occlusion of the original mesocyclone that somehow lead to additional tightening and a tornado with a straight northerly motion that went straight out of the polygon. Then, the second meso intensifies west of Chambers, drops a massive tornado, along with at least 1 anticyclonic satellite. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAKE CHARLES LA  
946 PM CDT WED APR 22 2020  

LAC009-079-230300-  
/O.CON.KLCH.TO.W.0013.000000T0000Z-200423T0300Z/  
RAPIDES LA-AVOYELLES LA-  
946 PM CDT WED APR 22 2020  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR EAST  
CENTRAL RAPIDES AND NORTHWESTERN AVOYELLES PARISHES...  

AT 945 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED OVER CENTERPOINT, OR NEAR EFFIE, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.  

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  

1 minute ago, Bob's Burgers said:

So to sum this mess up over the last 30 minutes, I think we had a weak, unwarned tornado dissipate, then, a non-traditional occlusion of the original mesocyclone that somehow lead to additional tightening and a tornado with a straight northerly motion that went straight out of the polygon. Then, the second meso intensifies west of Chambers, drops a massive tornado, along with at least 1 anticyclonic satellite. lol

bingo.