• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 19th Severe Event

Bob's Burgers

Well that was an adventure. As I don’t live in a typical tornado area and am only a weather enthusiast I typically only lurk in these forums and just absorb all the great info that others provide.

Looks like at least 4 tornadoes locally - Citrus County, Ocala (confirmed EF-0), Deland (damage pics look like EF-0), and Lake Mary/Sanford. Maybe a couple more near the coast but that stretch is the Canaveral National Seashore and no residents in that area.

I will say this is pretty late in the season for tornadoes in Central Florida. Typically we see our non-tropical season from January-March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I chased that thing, mainly the 30 minutes prior to touchdown. Couldn’t see anything conclusive. Even when it did start, there was not much of a visual due to grunge factor, very dark (almost pitch black before sunset) and trees. Almost certainly rain-wrapped unless you were unsafely close. The mesocyclone reminded me of the Bonner Springs EF-4 from last year. 

By the time it crossed MS-35 south of Columbia it was dark and there was no way of keeping up. The damage south of Columbia (from what I saw) was really bad. Trees shredded and uprooted, virtually every road in the area was blocked by trees.

A reminder that storm chasing in Dixie is rarely fun. 

• Like 1