Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

4 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

Yeah. It's actually been pretty quiet the past 3 to 4 weeks...only 2.5" since March 25th. We still average a foot in April here and have had big April's in the past. The April record here is like 60". 

I remember reading about the monster that hit eastern Newfoundland 4/1-2/2001, with St. John's getting something like 30 mm RA followed by 47 cm SN and winds over 100 kph.  Had missionary friends over on the west side (Paradise, near Corner Brook) who got lots of wind but no snow.  That storm had been progged to bury us before shunting off way east of where the models had it going 24 hours earlier.  Would've been interesting, as we'd had a 19" dump on 3/30-31 that brought the pack up to 48".

Kind of a "bleh" effort on this one, as I hedged towards a northern tic that never came to fruition. Thus issued a flawed forecast for what should have been a lay up. Didn't bother to update Friday, since I was already checked out.

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2020/04/spring-snows-verification.html

First:Final Call.png

Verify.jpg

Calling anyone in CT. If you see this i will be doing a snowfall totals map for this event. Please PM me or tag me.

This is important: Even if you recieved zero snowfall and all rain, i want to know. If you received rain changing to snow but less than measurable, report it as a trace, i also want these as well.  And obviously anything 0.1" or higher. TY!

21 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Calling anyone in CT. If you see this i will be doing a snowfall totals map for this event. Please PM me or tag me.

This is important: Even if you recieved zero snowfall and all rain, i want to know. If you received rain changing to snow but less than measurable, report it as a trace, i also want these as well.  And obviously anything 0.1" or higher. TY!

A trace in Southington... flipped to snow for about 15 minutes before going back to rain.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bring that blue line down to the RI CT border right next to my 1 inch

? which blue line. The light blue line indicates the seperation between 0-1 and 1-3 which is why the light blue/white line intersects the areas that received exactly 1". I'm not sure what you mean exactly. You are in plainfield right?