Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Well I guess this will be used for obs. As of almost half hour ago coming down hard and almost half inch.  We’ll see if we can get things to redevelop more, but the slot was racing in, in guidance at 700. My gauge was at .2” melted so goood amount of qpf before the switch with probably a little melting as it occurred. Should be able to reach my over/under.

I have an obs thread

3"!  in 4 Hours!!!!        Still Snowing Nicely.  

Most Snow This Late in the Season since the April 28/29 Blizzard where I got 12"+ (Wasn't Alive of course).  This is a "Of the People" Snowstorm.  Didn't really stick to roads, but Everything else yes.  Just went out for a drive.  FIRST Time I had Dear run out in front of Me!  (I'm not up until Noon usually, that's why for one aspect).  Will post pictures soon.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

3"!  in 4 Hours!!!!        Still Snowing Nicely.  

Most Snow This Late in the Season since the April 28/29 Blizzard where I got 12"+ (Wasn't Alive of course).  This is a "Of the People" Snowstorm.  Didn't really stick to roads, but Everything else yes.  Just went out for a drive.  FIRST Time I had Dear run out in front of Me!  (I'm not up until Noon usually, that's why for one aspect).  Will post pictures soon.  

Put pics in the Obs thread 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I still hate I couldn’t chase that monster y’all got earlier this year. Nice season up there.

Yeah. It's actually been pretty quiet the past 3 to 4 weeks...only 2.5" since March 25th. We still average a foot in April here and have had big April's in the past. The April record here is like 60". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I think I had more accumulations Thursday morning.

Nothing more painful than pulling down a headline that was already up, but the couple times a ran through the forecast and saw amounts slipping below advisory criteria (at night, going into Saturday morning = no impacts) the writing was pretty much on the wall that it wasn't going to happen.