• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

I've been asked to evaluate the National Blend of Models for its accuracy in terms of snowfall. As a side task, I wrote Python script to plot snowfall accumulations for the most recent NBM cycles (00z, 01z, 02z, and 03z). They look pretty bullish compared to other models, but spatially they look pretty similar (higher impacts in western MA and the Worcester hills). I'm looking forward to seeing how well they perform. I hold the NBM to high standards although its snowfall accumulations (in my opinion) look too high for this event.

If anyone's interested, most operational NWP products are available via the NOMADS server <nomads.ncep.noaa.gov>. In the future, I'll make my plots nicer, but for the time being, it's not being used by a third party so :shrugs:

00z_NBM.png

01z_NBM.png

02z_NBM.png

03z_NBM.png

7 minutes ago, Boston Bulldog said:

CC indicating that the mix line is slowly but steadily crashing SE through metro-west south of the pike. Still looks like we're on track with guidance

:weenie:

cool look with the melting layer around the radar site collapsing SE as the boundary layer cools and also the mid level warming 3-5kft up coming through CT and RI.

• Haha 1