Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Honestly I feel better to the south....lol. Sometimes when guidance shows NE MA getting that cutoff...it can have an effect here. My latitude is such where I'm going to get close to what BOS gets for QPF..maybe a bit more.  We'll see. Perhaps guidance is not resolving it right and it goes further to the NE. 

Digging into the 18z EURO, the forcing is strengthening and slowing down between Kev and your area.  Northern CT into SE Mass probably will have a radar that's blossoming and slowing down a bit.

Just simply the 1-hr QPF progs show generally lighter stuff over New York/PA this evening....

1.thumb.png.47f4f38b01383e1fcb0e659c114f603b.png

Then it blows up into this large area of heavy precipitation... a 3-4 hour from Eastern CT to SE Mass sees 0.10" or more per hour bucket rates and that's what you want to see for snow accumulations in marginal set-ups.

2.thumb.png.c1a170c7c79fd07fad2f45bfeb18729d.png

Just now, powderfreak said:

Digging into the 18z EURO, the forcing is strengthening and slowing down between Kev and your area.  Like northern CT into SE Mass probably will have a radar that's blossoming and slowing down a bit.

Just simply the 1-hr QPF progs show generally lighter stuff over New York/PA this evening....

1.thumb.png.47f4f38b01383e1fcb0e659c114f603b.png

Then it blows up into this large area of heavy precipitation... a 3-4 hours from Eastern CT to SE Mass sees 0.10" or more per hour bucket rates and that's what you want to see for snow accumulations in marginal set-ups.

2.thumb.png.c1a170c7c79fd07fad2f45bfeb18729d.png

Right along the frontal boundary.  Looks like our little critter gets a little shot of juice from the Atlantic as it exits 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dude. You and your familia are safe and healthy?

Yeah, we are great.  My grandma broke both feet in separate incidents over the last six months.  I heard her heart is not the best.  they believe she fell both times due to the rhythm being off.  Other then her, everyone is healthy.

• Like 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Right along the frontal boundary.  Looks like our little critter gets a little shot of juice from the Atlantic as it exits 

I was just about to mention that Bob.  The surface low gets going south of RI.  With the arced warm front from northwest to southeast, a little inflow gets going from the southeast of ACK into the area along the north side of the warm front.  Lift is quite powerful for a three to five hour period which coincides with the lowest visibilities below .25 mile over the Cape and SE MA.  That could overcome the boundary layer, but yet again the marine influence is lessened this time of year as the waters are much colder.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Honestly I feel better to the south....lol. Sometimes when guidance shows NE MA getting that cutoff...it can have an effect here. My latitude is such where I'm going to get close to what BOS gets for QPF..maybe a bit more.  We'll see. Perhaps guidance is not resolving it right and it goes further to the NE. 

I like your O/U there, seems about right. I'll lean marginally over. Qpf is there for you on the 18z euro if you get the forcing. 

apcptot_f021_bg_ne.png

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ooh, the psychedelic map from BOX. 

They aren't that bad with their forecast. Sometimes they see things a little bit before others. Not saying it's correct but you have to wonder what they see to post this by 8:11PM tonight.

Just now, Greg said:

They aren't that bad with their forecast. Sometimes they see things a little bit before others. Not saying it's right but you have to wonder what they see to post this by 8:11PM tonight.

Oh I know I was just joking about the squished map image you posted.  Maybe it just looks like that on my iPhone? but it’s kind of funny.